Mustang Evolution Forum banner

SCAT Rotating Assembly Kit

871 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting this kit for my 2008 GT. I'm basically trying to beef up my foundation for an eventual Paxton Supercharger from Brenspeed.

My question is: is this kit a direct install or do I also have to swap my cylinder heads or do anything else to the engine?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-1-47805bi/overview/make/ford[/URL]sca-1-47805bi/overview/make/ford

#2 ·
It should be a direct fit.
The only thing that I can think of that might be a problem, is you would typically order a kit like that after the machine work is completed on the engine block. That way, if the cylinders needed to be bored oversize, the correct sized pistons can be ordered with the rotating assembly kit.

#3 ·
Doing a rotating assy=machine work for the block, remove heads and have them 0 decked, probably should do guides/seals/springs when its out... Cheaper to do a Coyote swap or sell your car and buy a Coyote tbth.

Reactions: movealot2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.