Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Octane booster???

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
The other day I asked my son to go pick me up some octane booster and throw it in my Mustang he ended up buying two bottles and putting it in my Mustang without telling me. afterwords I put in 94 octane gas. Am I going to cause any damage or any problems with all this octane booster in the car??

Badabing Badaboom!!

#2 ·
All of that octane is gonna make your engine go Badabing Badaboom! :lol:

No. You don't have to worry about any damage... Except to your wallet maybe.
What do you have done to your engine that requires all of the high octane?
And how come they let you folks up north have 94 octane pump fuel?

#8 ·
Octane booster is a joke. Only one that worked I used it in my 08 Roush back in the day was torco. And would have to run 2-2.5 bottles to see a difference.

What you got from the auto parts store, is the same as flushing the money down the toilet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#11 ·
Octane booster is a joke. Only one that worked I used it in my 08 Roush back in the day was torco. And would have to run 2-2.5 bottles to see a difference.

What you got from the auto parts store, is the same as flushing the money down the toilet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This.

Not to mention that stuff in the store bottles ****s up the O2 sensors.

Run that tank down to nothing and fill up with fresh gas. If the highest octane gas you have access to is 94 then get a 94 tune. If you are running a tune for higher octane than that and thinking the "booster" you got from the store is getting you there then have fun when you blow the engine...

#13 ·
You mean snake oil? Do you not get what ppl are trying to tell you?

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#14 ·
Its not a joke if you buy the right stuff, try a product called RaceGas from summit. it works very well. But its about 30.00 a bottle.

#15 ·
Seriously if you want higher octane gas convert to e85. If you don't have that then use race gas for track days with a race tune. If all you have is 91 or 93 then run for that gas. Not rocket science...

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.