Whipple or KB? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Send a message via AIM to braumab Send a message via MSN to braumab
Re: Whipple or KB?

not sure, I don't have much knowledge about this stuff. What do you guys suggest?

lol..
Quote:
yep, as my partner in crime always says, go big or go home lol.
05RedDevil is home, soooooo .....

05 Stang to the Bang! X-Pipe, Headers, Stage 2 Roush Kit, Tuner, JBA Exhaust and about a million and 4 Horsepower.
braumab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #37
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

On the stock bottom end, I wouldn't push it past 13 psi with a good tune. You could go higher as long as your tuner was really good, but, you'll be rolling the dice.

Once you go built bottom end, I would run 17-19ish psi or so.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

lol. yeah, 13psi pretty makes me unbeatable around here i think anyway. Could I install myself and do the tune, or do I need to take it to someone?

05 Stang to the Bang! X-Pipe, Headers, Stage 2 Roush Kit, Tuner, JBA Exhaust and about a million and 4 Horsepower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #39
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Install you could do yourself if you are handy....tune, I would leave that up to someone that is in the know.

Or, you could make a weekend of it and cruise down here to pick up the one I PM'ed you about, we could install it at Back Yard Automotive...and then cruise over to Cody's to get it tuned...he's the one that had the 500 hp car I mentioned before...and I know he has done several saleen/whipple 05+ cars.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

that'd be fun regardless. baton rouge eh? I hear it's yellow and purple all over that place. What is that like, a 6 hour drive?

Old 10-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #41
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Roughly, yeah. Google says it is 7 hours from here to little rock, but real life people that drive it a couple times a year say it is only 6ish.

We could also swing by our sponsor TPS to get it tuned as well...From what I am hearing Wes (stang007) is a pretty good tuner.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

sweet. i'm 2 hours from little rock easy. 10 minutes from memphis. So, to be safe, I guess 6 hours is accurate. How much would a tune run me? I need to stack up in the banmk and make sure I have enough money before I drive my happy self down there.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #43
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

With cody, you're looking at about 450 for the dyno tune (although his website says it is on sale for 361??? weird)...if you already have an SCT tuner. Other wise you will need to add the price of the tuner on...~$400.

With TPS, you'll have to PM them. I know they have some prices on their web site ($400), but they make work a deal with you being a member here. I just can't say for sure.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

gotcha, i have a diablo tuner right now. i'm guessing that's an SCT tuner? have at it cody!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #45
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Yeah, Cody only deals with SCT...I'm not sure about TPS right now. Their website says they can tweak things using the hand held, but for the in depth tuning they require SCT.

Now, there is another option that does do predator tuning and is only a couple more hours away in mobile, AL. James @ Running with the devil is a very well known and very good tuner and he does use both SCT and Diablo.

Also, I believe up in Alabama somewhere there is a good tuner as well...Bamachips I think they are? Not sure how far they would be from you though. But, James @ RWTD could do email tunes with you that you download to your hand held...datalog some stuff...then send it back to get everything dialed in. However, he's done enough of these cars to get it pretty close on the first shot with only minor tweaking. I believe his mail order stuff is only like $150-200 or so.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

that might be the best option. though, if i'm dropping 4,500.00 into the car, why not get an sct tuner too huh? lolol..

Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #47
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Yeah, the datalogging capabilites are leaps and bounds better than the diablo....just the fact is uses USB vs the diablos serial port makes it better.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

lol, the serial port is where it's at PureVenom, didn't you get the memo? :baby:

Old 10-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #49
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

No, the damn fax machine kept saying "PC Load Letter" and kept jamming up.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

hahahahaha! Dude, windows 98 doesn't work with it. You got have like, Windows 3.0.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #51
Road Trip!

ok, i didnt read everything, go 4.6 .020 over and instead of stroking it, get a set of heads/cams.and crank the boost up. itll make more power
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

lol. yep. we can tell. :] I've always heard Cams are a car killer?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumab View Post
lol. yep. we can tell. :] I've always heard Cams are a car killer?
and why would that be?

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #54
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Cause he talked to the wrong people.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Cause he talked to the wrong people.
that's what I was getting at.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 10-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

:

Old 10-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #57

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
Shortblocks

that'll do it
:woo::approve::patriot::drive::evan::drool::phat:
damn you've got me started but i'm a big fan of Kenne Bell and i think the kenne bell will have more options for you as far as boost and other essentials that whipple may not have such as their boost-a -pump(for fuel) and boost-a spark (for your ignition) which i think will only aide in your horsepower search
Old 10-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #58
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Uh, what do the BAP and BAS has to do with the blower? I have a BAP and I don't have a KB blower....

KB is nice in thier stuff, but their customer service sucks as does their attitude.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:47 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

oh snap! :swordfigh

Old 10-31-2008, 08:55 AM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Uh, what do the BAP and BAS has to do with the blower? I have a BAP and I don't have a KB blower....

KB is nice in thier stuff, but their customer service sucks as does their attitude.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:01 AM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil

Me like lots
Old 10-31-2008, 09:17 AM   #62
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

If that's a video of a 2.2L kb cobra, yeah, that is the cats meow, only, you can't buy them anymore...all you can buy now are the quiet KB's.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:30 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

oh snap! *grabs popcorn*

Old 10-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
If that's a video of a 2.2L kb cobra, yeah, that is the cats meow, only, you can't buy them anymore...all you can buy now are the quiet KB's.
I want the KB to scream like a raped ape when I get really into it.
Granted "any" noise will be fine I suppose

Old 10-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

no! well, okay...

Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #66
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, the 2.6 and the 2.8 are pretty much silent so you will be very disappointed in that aspect. I haven't heard a 2.1 that you were originally discussing, but the KB scream died with the 2.2L monster.

Hell, the 2.3L whipple is pretty silent too until you really spin that ***** to 23+ psi. My project is probably going to be completely silent because I need to slow the thing down so I can run pump gas.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Well, the 2.6 and the 2.8 are pretty much silent so you will be very disappointed in that aspect. I haven't heard a 2.1 that you were originally discussing, but the KB scream died with the 2.2L monster.

Hell, the 2.3L whipple is pretty silent too until you really spin that ***** to 23+ psi. My project is probably going to be completely silent because I need to slow the thing down so I can run pump gas.
oh well I suppose. It was worth a shot. The 2.1 is silent. I might get some noise out of the 2.6? "Some"...?

****, I suppose some VT stage II cams/heads will provide enough :drool: sound to get me off... especially on a stroker.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:03 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

i don't know jimmy_beaner. that might not be enough noise. we may need go on and put a spaceship engine it too.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #69
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

In that case, get the new 4.0L whipple and spin the **** out of it....of course, make sure your motor can hold 50+ psi because I believe the base boost for the 4L is 30 psi.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:20 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

dudes going to sound like a 12 yr old girl screaming her lungs out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT