overdrive - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: overdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Well, everyone talks about thomas...not even just on this board...we even have it on video if we can find the video from the alabama get together a couple years ago.
if you remember I almost got banned for slamming Thomas when I first joined

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
LMAO hahahahhah i can see it now. that ken is such a dumbass lol hahahahah ill have to deff look into that tune when i get more money. right now im breaken the bank somtime next week for the gears, a/f gauge/fuel pump and today i got a new battery. freaken 200 bucks. yah my wife is not happy lol
do you have a handheld tuner or did you just send off your PCM?

Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Well, everyone talks about thomas...not even just on this board...we even have it on video if we can find the video from the alabama get together a couple years ago.
whos thomas. i actually dont know, is he on the boards? i know jimmy beaner lol
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang Evolution - View Profile: Thomas91169

Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #40
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Thomas<some random numbers> .... he's on this board...he's a die hard DSM guy that has bought sold and rebought his current 03 cobra....

He's from cali...so...as you can imagine...we have lots to talk about with him.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thomas<some random numbers> .... he's on this board...he's a die hard DSM guy that has bought sold and rebought his current 03 cobra....

He's from cali...so...as you can imagine...we have lots to talk about with him.
haha u-2-slo

Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #42
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

It is at this point that the thread has taken a sharp left turn off the interstate of knowledge.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Dont most of the thread do that?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
Dont most of the thread do that?
that's what makes this site great

Old 01-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
that's what makes this site great
The exact reason i come back everyday.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

where u went?

Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I gotta sleep sometime.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

u can sleep when your dead

Old 01-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

that's why they make cocaine and redbull so you don't have to sleep

Old 01-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

gonna have to try that.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

O.......If I were a white lady.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
if you remember I almost got banned for slamming Thomas when I first joined
Banned for slamming Thomas Hell Brent promoted you to Staff for that

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #53
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
That was the weirdest thing, because, Lou did get a talking to from brent for slamming thomas pretty hard in a thread...this was shortly after Louis signed up. It was the weirdest thing when I saw it happen.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

hell I didn't know you get promoted for slamming people. so I guess if I make a few people cry I get to be Admin. :dunno:

Old 02-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Which thread did you slam Thomas in?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I don't remember. A long time ago

Old 02-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
LMAO oh man i am dieing to read what you guys wrote! lol must have been some good stuff to almost have gotten banned.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

for fun i decied to see what thomas has written in the past. i found this novel. and all i can say after reading is.....wtf lol sorry if no one wanted to see it again lol

went to a buddies house for a kickback, things were cool until someone got out of hand, tried to **** with my cousin (who is handicapped with cerebal palsy) and i didnt like that. Basically i almost killed this ****er with a rather nice choke hold, dont ever ****ing tell me "what are you gonna do about it", i dont take to that sort of talk nicely. I first pushed him away from my cousin with my right hand firmly at his chest and he leaned into it, but i pushed harder (he was drunk at this time) and had a bit more strength at the time cause by that time adrenalin was going cause i knew it was about to get fun. He tried one more push against me and i pushed back, my hand slipped upward and caught his throat, i continued the motion until i literally carried him across the kitchen into the nearest wall, and just held him there. They had to pry me off of him, all the while me yelling at him "ever touch my cousin again, ill ****ing kill you, this is your last warning, all these people wont be around to save you like they are now"

so whatever, after all was said and done, i got myself out of there, packed my cousin into the cobra still trembling and shaking with emotion(yes, the cobra fits a wheelchair rather well, even with the 10" sub in the back)) and took off.

problem is, me+anger=bad. I was still reeling from the fight and was rather uncontrolled with my emotions, and im sure my buddy can attest to, if im pissed that bad behind the wheel, i do stupid ****, however my buddy is my equalizer, and he wasnt there to chill me down.

Leaving his house theres a right turn, well after flying by his house showing teh blower whine (not really due to anger, they all love my car), i took the first right turn a little too hot. Usually nothing special, however its 45* outside and foggy, and the DR's just laughed. i hit the turn and tried to get a little sideways to vent some steam, and ****ed up. Little too much throttle and the rear end just whipped out from under me like no other. I attempted to recorrect like usual but no avail. I panicked and lifted, and IRS did what IRS does, and the rear end grabbed and sent the car 180* back around. To make a ****ty situation worse, i laid into the brakes hoping i would just come to a stop in the middle of the street, but the car gained some forward momentum and now not only was i sliding 90* down the street, im moving towards the curb, and theres a car there. ****.

Slammed into the rear end of a parked 280z with my front, and that still didnt stop the 3800lb beast, i ended up through his yard (all dirt thankfully) and another van stopped me. Pushed the Z into his flower garden thing (which was devoid of any flowers, and his yard was all dirt thankfully)

So ****, finally come to a stop and turn the car off, throw out my keys as i open the door, just knowing i just ****ed up big time. Nothing to do but face the music. Make sure my cousin is ok, at this point he is blaming himself and throwing a fit (he does that whenever something happens, blames himself), im trying to calm him down as he has never been in an accident (he hardly goes anywhere) and is freaking out, im going over the scene and looking at the damage, starting to come down from my anger high and reality setting in.

And out comes the entire neighborhood. First it was the one neighbor who goes "dude thats a $15,000 nissan you just totaled". I feel sorry for this guy, cause i gave him the dumbest look ever, no lie. "dude, i know cars, and no ****ing way that thing is worth 15 grand, so no". Then out comes the actual owner and his big *** brother. The younger guy was totally strung out looking, like half baked mixed with something from a Rob Zombie movie. His brother like some huge linebacker who failed at making it big and blames the world for his situation. His brother came out and tried to act like i was drinking, first thing he said was "get on the grass and sit" im like "dude what?" "well you have obviously been drinking so im calling the cops". What the **** ever dude, so i tell him what really happened, this isnt my drinking face its my "im ****ing pissed off to no avail right now and just got owned by stupidity" face.

Now i wont lie, i had been kicking back some Newcastle most the night, but nothing like trying to win some drinking games, plus once i noticed the guy who ended up picking on my cousin was getting out of hand, i stopped and had a bottle of water, probably around 2ish. Not to mention any buzz that i might have unknowlingly had before, was obliterated by choke-hold incident.

Big brother tries to tell me how he was hit by a drunk driver, ruined his football career, yadda yadda. Im like "dude honestly, i dont want to hear it. Sorry about your loss but i didnt wreck cause i was drinking, i wrecked cause i was driving stupidly and messed up". Little brother (who was the owner of the datsun and homeowner, we think, dont know cause the total average IQ of that entire household was a bit greater than your average 3rd grader) finally got big brother to shut up. Big brother comes over to apologize that he got me all wrong, and that he called off the cops.

Called my parents, which was fun. Told them to head over to my buddies house, "yeah, youll see when you get close enough, oh yeah, and bring some duct tape". Called my cousins parents to have them come and pick him up.

As much as it hurt, it was kinda cool to tape up the front end with duct tape to get the car home, true Nascar style.

Battered Ruby:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 166KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 159KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 114KB.

His car (No DK trophies in its future):

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 675x540 and weights 106KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 675x540 and weights 93KB.

So it went to the shop. My biggest concern was their ability to properly match the paint. I spoke with the top guy there and asked if he is up to the task before i give them the work (Progressive gave me a list of body shops in the area), he said he would need to see it first. Drove the car over there, and had him check it out.

Coolest thing to hear a paint guy go "holy ****, a ford with no orange peel in the paint? Guys Guys come check out this car, its the best paint job ive ever seen! Theres no swirls!" The oogled over the pristinely kept finish for a good couple minutes, asked me what i do to keep it that way, they even offered me a job detailing for them "if you can do that with a random, imagine what you can do with a real rotary", sadly though the pay wouldnt be enough and they werent open on the weekends for me to do side work or anything. Said the paint on the car was so well kept, there would be little, if any, matching or blending he would have to do. Dropped the car off on Tuesday Nov 18th and picked it up Monday Dec 1st. Paint match was PERFECT! holy ****, even under the 1000w's in my garage, absolutely no difference in paint color, pop or shine between new fender and old door.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 47KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 32KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 720x540 and weights 47KB.

Best of all, all the rock chips in the front bumper and hood, and dings on the drivers fender are now GONE. The worst part of the paint job was just that. Now the exterior seriously would rival any other 03/04 with half or less mileage if parked side by side. First time i have been impressed by a body shop on their body work.

Their other skills leave something to be desired, when they removed the overflow, they didnt burp the system or fill from the correct spot, thusly i overheated on the way home. Not the first time, as i did the same when i swapped coolant reservoirs and overflows back to stock a month earlier, so i knew what was up, babied it home, popped off the upper and slapped 1.75gal back into her.

Ill start another thread to show what has possibly been a result of the many overheat incidents. btw if theres any continuity issues with the story, i copy-pasted it from the day after it happened, and had to adjust some paragraphs and get rid of some alltogether (freaking out due to thinking it was totaled, and me having to tow or fix hsi car for him). Now its more or less the story as how i would explain it today, not the day after it happened.

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq

1990 Eclipse GSX - Sold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Thomas91169; 12-24-2008 at 02:18 AM..
Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

The original question has been answered. The rest of the convo can continue... just not here.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT