The new Supercharger by Edlebrock...UPDATE - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: The new Supercharger by Edlebrock...UPDATE

^^^ Yeah, everything I say about the KB's, and then I am sitting here waiting to install one on my car after purposely holding out for one.

But yeah, the 2.6's and 2.8's are just not showing me the reliability of the whipples right now. KB just sent a guy a 2.8 to replace his 2.6 that was making 4 pounds less boost than it should have based on his pulley combo. They originally told him just use a smaller pulley to pick up the boost...um, well, there must be something wrong if you're not putting out the proper boost in the first place don't ya think?

Oh yeah, and that blower was spewing oil out of the snout all over the radiator support.
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
I thought I did. but screw it.

lets talk about it

I decided I'm gonna try to build my car N/A to see if I can get it in the 11s without a power adder just to be diff.
Lets do a challenge

Who gets into the 11s first.. my FWD v6 buick or your N/A rustang

I've got a turbo kit on the way :pnoid:

(BTW i ran 11s in my 92 NA - its not too hard with a v8 rustang)
Old 03-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #38
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

^^ That 92 was a ton lighter than his 06 tho...
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to USMC Roush Send a message via MSN to USMC Roush

so whats so bad about kenny bells, i've always heard they were supposed to be amazing and stuff

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
USMC Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Just a quick update on my Edelbrock. They cant get past 400rwhp so Edelbrock sent them the parts to go to 5psi instaed of 7 to see what it does and the car dropped another 70rwhp:. All curves, flows etc. and leak test show normal. They are now supposed to send a new blower............. Here goes serial #0004
Old 03-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05bluestang View Post
Just a quick update on my Edelbrock. They cant get past 400rwhp so Edelbrock sent them the parts to go to 5psi instaed of 7 to see what it does and the car dropped another 70rwhp:. All curves, flows etc. and leak test show normal. They are now supposed to send a new blower............. Here goes serial #0004
damn that's bull**** man, how are they going to throw out specs if they can't even put out the specs they say are stock, sorry to hear that man, and that really sucks because like my cobra, it's a 4.6 3v with a super charger putting out 390 stock where as a the stock GT was only like ~260 i believe, they should look at the design of the cobra and see what they can do, as all know i'm new but i'm just going on guesstimates of course but i figured they could do better than 70 - 100 hp increase

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
Old 03-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #42
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC Roush View Post
so whats so bad about kenny bells, i've always heard they were supposed to be amazing and stuff
What's so bad is there are a lot of threads on other forums with guys running the 2.6/2.8 and even some others with lots of issues. Not making the advertised boost, blowing oil out the snout, locking up while driving, and more stuff like that. Then, their customer service is horrendous. Took me 3 days to get through to them to order replacement oil for my 2.2L. I would get nothing but a busy signal all day...
Old 03-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

oh, i just always heard they were supposedly like the best like if you want power go with a kennie bell and blah blah, but never heard teh horror stories

Old 03-19-2009, 01:41 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
^^ That 92 was a ton lighter than his 06 tho...
and his 06 is a ton lighter than my buick
Old 03-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Well project Edelbrock is dead. They have a serious problem and no solution. My car was making only 390whp @ 7psi instead of ~460. I am now the test car for the new Techco SC. Should have results by the end of next week. If this don't work either I'm gonna shoot myself...............
Old 03-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

^^That sucks. Keep us posted on the progress.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

I'd be really pissed even if it was all being done for free. What happens if something gets jacked up from the tuning session or it doesn't reveal itself until a couple thousand miles later? I can't imagine anyone wanting to accept responsibility for that.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

KB seems to be having major issues and is getting a bad rep.. they best fix their **** or whipple will just take over as leader.. its their choice.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #49
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
KB seems to be having major issues and is getting a bad rep.. they best fix their **** or whipple will just take over as leader.. its their choice.
Whipple is releasing a new 2.9L blower for the GT500 crowd and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it hits the 05+ 4.6 crowd.

They are also going to work on the 2.9L kit for the 03/04 cobra crowd later this year due to high demand and people not wanting to go with a new KB.

I think whipple is already starting to take over the market place...
Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Wow interesting info. I never considered Edelbrock for my 05 Mustang but was thinking about it for my 2010 Harley Davidson F150 mostly because they are the only ones I know of offering a kit for my truck.

Also, I was. This close to ordering a Kenne Bell but my local dyno shop strongly advised me to go with Whipple and after reading your posts I'm glad I did.

My install of the Whipple is complete but can't drive it yet because I have the exhaust off waiting for my Kooks long tube headers and H pipe to arrive. I an also waiting for my from and rear Wilwood brake kits to arrive to. When I get her off the lift I'll let you know how she goes
Jmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

After all this time even though kenne bell is still got the hype, whipple has been more reliable and actually for the 5.0 the ford racing one is AWSOME, puts out great numbers.
I dont know, i just feel like buying the one MADE by ford is a safe bet, or is that just an illusion?
thoughts?
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #52
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Cheema View Post
After all this time even though kenne bell is still got the hype, whipple has been more reliable and actually for the 5.0 the ford racing one is AWSOME, puts out great numbers.
I dont know, i just feel like buying the one MADE by ford is a safe bet, or is that just an illusion?
thoughts?
Which one is made by ford? The whipple is made by whipple and branded as ford racing.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #53
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

****, I just noticed this is another 2 year old thread...Jmeo, please stop reviving 2 year old threads...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT