heater for 67 coupe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #1

Question heater for 67 coupe

I am restoring a 67 coupe...Learning as I go for the most part. I am having issues finding diagrams on how to take apart the heater control panel. The {slider} controls that open and close the doors for heat and defrost do not seem to be connected. Does anyone have any Ideas. try and fix it or is it better to just replace the whole unit. If so how much of the dash has to come out for that.
I have Chiltons if I have Qusion about the engine. Is there a good book for interior?
Kathy 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: heater for 67 coupe

I'm not too familiar with the older generations (although I hope one day I'm as lucky as you are to come across such a classic ). Perhaps this will give you a stepping stone on your project.
I found a .pdf for the '67 with stock AC and replacing the heating core. That can be seen HERE Note that this will take you directly to the .pdf file.
I got that "how-to" from THIS website.

Apparently to replace the heater core is not as easy task. It doesn't look un-doable and seems like you won't need to remove the dash (just the glove box). The "hard part" seems that it is just a tight place to work and the installation of the new heater core takes some patience.

I also found THIS which is a write up on installing factory grade AC in a 1967-'68 Mustang.

Book wise, take a browse amongst this site: Ford Books by Model, Engine or Shop Manual Year
They should have a few different manuals that will help, including the shop manual, engine restoration and I'm sure there is a book devoted to interior work. I also like to recommend Haynes over Chilton as they tend to have a more general break down of the car and from what I heard they go a bit more in depth. Although both Chilton and Haynes are short on information it seems. Shop manuals really help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #3

Unhappy Re: heater for 67 coupe

Thank you for the Info! I spent the bulk of my day upside down under the dash figuring out the basic idea . Now I have to trace out a really bad wire job. Found more wrong than I had thought Probably am going to have to start from beginning But I am going to check it to it first and see if it is something I can do or if I am going to have to break down and hire out. Any way still a labor of Love
Kathy 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: heater for 67 coupe

Yeah it's amazing how many gear heads can build engines but can't properly run wires. It's also amazing at how many electronic guys can't run wires either

When you get a chance you should start a thread introducing yourself and your car (and don't forget the pictures!) Members here love to see the classic cars, and the projects and works in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs