Door Panel Removal Hints? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #1
Region: Texas
Door Panel Removal Hints?

I need to remove the passneger side door panel on my '65 coupe in order to access the door latch mechanisms inside. I don't want to damage either the door panel or the supporting boards behind them. I have never had to remove those attachment clips before and I'd like some advice and/or hints for proper removal and re-installation of the panels. What tools do I need and how can I avoid damaging the panels and the supporting boards behind them? Is there a good internet website that has a "How To" for this process? Thanks for your help.

Mustang Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:07 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: Door Panel Removal Hints?

the door handles either pop off or have an allen bolt holding them in place. The window cranks need a window crank tool (like $5 at an auto store). as for the panels themselves, I just carefully pryed the first few out with a screwdriver (along the bottom so it wasn't noticable if i screwed up). After I could get my hand in there, I just carefully pulled with my hand.

And for putting them back in, get all the clips lined up then just push them into place with your hand.

-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Door Panel Removal Hints?

tape up everything, that will keep them safe from slips of the hand while holding a screwdriver and such.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs