Mechanic reccommendations in Nth VA - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #1

Region: Virginia
Smile Mechanic reccommendations in Nth VA

Hey all, first time poster in this classic forum

Couple of Q's,

1. I'm after a knowledgable Classic Mustang mechanic in the Vienna, Nth Virginia area. I have a 65 Conv that takes a bit to start, requires quite a few pumps of the accelerator. I'm thinking the Carby may need a O/H, once it starts it purrs like a kitten.
2. The front brakes have been changed to Disc, rear remain standard, however the brake master cylinder is still the orignal. I would like to change it to a dual system. After any recommendations.

TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	22713   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	22714  

Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	22715  
Sniffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: Mechanic reccommendations in Nth VA

That is a beautiful car!!!! I wish I could help you with some suggestions. The carbs on those are pretty easy to rebuild, but adjustng them sometimes takes some experiance.

If I remember right there is a master cylinder that is specific for the disc brakes. I assume you dont have power brakes. We modified my Sisters 66 couple with 4 wheel disc brakes and hydraulic power assist. Thats the way to go if you are looking to mod for best performance. The one thing I have realized is that a stock mustangs performance was decent for the 60's does not compare to todays. Performance being defined as acceleration, braking, and handling. If you are looking to mod for performance there are endless possibilities, but personally if I had that car it would be stock. You will get more looks and comments than any of us ever will with our new stangs.

Awesome car!!!!!!
Roush # 11-0306,Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels with Cooper Tires Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar
Purchased 27Dec2010
Thegabrielles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Mechanic reccommendations in Nth VA

im just drooln

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs