Successful Day - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #1

Region: California
Successful Day

Today we took the windshield and back glass out of my 65. It was a success until we found out the windshield cracked. Ergh!! Having the interior gutted out, we were finally able to wash it out real good. The next step is to get some new floor panels because some of my are rusted with some holes. After that we are probably going to paint on the rust blocker and then start priming the inside, and hopefully paint the engine well. I am so excited and just wanted to update you all on our progress. As far as how it's running, we still have yet to either buy a new carb or rebuild the one we have... Also having fun deciding how what my color scheme is going to be.. I'm thinking 65 red outside with white GT stripes below the door with red & white interior (red/white seats, white dash, red headliner & carpet)! What do you all think? (:
Jackiemac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack
Re: Successful Day

I have always loved red with white stripes. Blue looks great too. Must keep us informed of the restoration

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Re: Successful Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemac05 View Post
Today we took the windshield and back glass out of my 65. It was a success until we found out the windshield cracked. Ergh!! Having the interior gutted out, we were finally able to wash it out real good. The next step is to get some new floor panels because some of my are rusted with some holes. After that we are probably going to paint on the rust blocker and then start priming the inside, and hopefully paint the engine well. I am so excited and just wanted to update you all on our progress. As far as how it's running, we still have yet to either buy a new carb or rebuild the one we have... Also having fun deciding how what my color scheme is going to be.. I'm thinking 65 red outside with white GT stripes below the door with red & white interior (red/white seats, white dash, red headliner & carpet)! What do you all think? (:
sounds like a good idea,good luck.
06mustangmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs