Fuel Filling Problems on 67 Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Region: Canada
Fuel Filling Problems on 67 Mustang

I'm having a problem when I put gas in my 67 coupe. The problem is that gas overflows the filler neck really quickly and flows out onto the ground. I try easing up on the flow but it still overflows. It's as if the angle on the filler neck is too sharp for today's gas pumps. Maybe this is a silly question or one that everyone already knows but its driving me crazy! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

jmbalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Region: Colorado
You just have to fill it slower. I had the same issue on my 67 and the same on my 66.

Pony66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
I have a 1968 coupe.
You need to get the nozzle as deep as possible into the tank and fill it slowly. Otherwise it will splash back out at you

I usually hold the nozzle sideways and pull the rubber back to get it deep into the gas tank.

I think the gas nozzles of the '60's were more curved, pumped slower, an went deeper in the tank.

Plus I never let full service people do it, they always spill
gdoyle05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs