A drop in the bucket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #1

Region: Missouri
A drop in the bucket

Ok classic Mustang dudes. I just spent 1500 on a Unisteer Rack and Pin bolt in, an ididit tilt column and some flow tech shorty headers. This Mustang has been a 16 year project that could finally be done. 66 coupe, with a 302 out of a 91 with complete fuel injection and a 5 speed. My next purchase will be an aluminum radiator, super 44 flow masters, and cold air intake. This post is just a vent on spending my tax refund on the car. Say it will all be ok...
Jlohse66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hey, I think we all feel that way some times about our cars. I know I do and it's only been one year since I got my 67.

It is expensive and time consuming, a pain in the *** even....but, we sometimes forget what an amazing chance we all have to able to own and enjoy these beautiful cars! I've been waiting 15yrs just to get mine and now I have her, and you know what? It's going to be a hell of a ride!

I wouldn't trade her for nothing and for all the money & headaches I go through, all I need is to start her up and it all makes it worth while.....
So it will be ok, keep it up and I think we all hope you finish your project and we are all here to help. FYI, I have a 67 gt 390 S code. Over sized pistons, a nice aggressive cam, super 44's, drums all around. Pretty much stock. And imagine I easily doubled my budget when we started the repairs. So you know, F__k it! Who cares, I love my car and I'm gonna have fun this summer! You should too! Good luck.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlohse66
Ok classic Mustang dudes. I just spent 1500 on a Unisteer Rack and Pin bolt in, an ididit tilt column and some flow tech shorty headers. This Mustang has been a 16 year project that could finally be done. 66 coupe, with a 302 out of a 91 with complete fuel injection and a 5 speed. My next purchase will be an aluminum radiator, super 44 flow masters, and cold air intake. This post is just a vent on spending my tax refund on the car. Say it will all be ok...
It's gona b ok dude. At least u got a return back, besides u got a classic.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #4

I just checked, parts will. Be here Tuesday, looking to have the car running by June or July. Getting the money together to get this bad boy up and running is tough, but I'm doing cash only so it won't put me out of house hand home. I can't wait for my first drive and car cruise.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Very good!! I hope it all works out and try to post some pics and videos.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
^^^^^+1
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #7

I'm leaning towards Flowmaster Super 44's, and have been listening to YouTube vids of different exhaust. Any first hand recommendations on exhaust kits? It's a 66 stang with a 91 302. Let er rip!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

All I have to say is I did research for 5 months on what exhaust to put on my 67 and the 44's are the way to go! This year they sound even better now that they've settled in. I get nothing but compliments on my sound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs