(HELP) 1986 Mustang gt supercharger kit. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: New York
(HELP) 1986 Mustang gt supercharger kit.

Hey guys i dont want to spend 3-4k on a turbo/supercharger but im willing to spend 1-2k on this one. (4FA218-010L MUSTANG VORTECH SUPERCHARGER KIT SATIN LOW-BOOST V-3 SL SCI-TRIM 5.0). im not looking for a big hp change but from what this is giving me its fine with me. im just wondering if its worth getting it. if anyone has any other ideas for me please let me know.

Rundown on whats in my car now. nothing to big.
-4.10s (will soon change to 3.73s)
-BBK long tube headers
-BBK X pipe
-BBK tips
-1 stage above stock clutch
-BBK cool air intake
Bubba_Misch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Re: (HELP) 1986 Mustang gt supercharger kit.

Anyone?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
That kit looks pretty interesting, but still 2 grand....for about 40-50 HP? Is there anything else you could do for that amount of money? And are you doing the work yourself? Labor is gonna cost you a fortune. I've been asking myself the same question about my 390, one day I would love to slap in a supercharger.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Re: (HELP) 1986 Mustang gt supercharger kit.

yeah i would be doing all the work myself and my father will help me as well i think im going to go with it only bc its cheaper then others and if i want to i can upgrade get the parts i need and not spend that much. i think its worth it but what do i know lol im only 18 but my father said i could do it if i want he has been working on anything with wheels from when he was 16 so i dont think the laber will be a problem. But i do see a point tgat u had about can u do other things with that $2000 and get the same out of it or more thats deff something im going to look into.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The one good thing that you have is that ! Free labor and you learn at the same time. My car was in the garage for 3-4 months and I paid through the teeth at the end. Plus I know a little about cars, thank god I worked on my interior and sound system myself, saved lots of $$$$.
I'll ask around about the supercharger to some of my boys that have some mustangs. Later.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Tags
1986 mustang