'68 Coupe in Tangerine Orange - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #1

Region: New York
'68 Coupe in Tangerine Orange

Recently, I've decided to that I would make my first classic car purchase. I am looking at a 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe that I found on Mustangs For Sale | Used Classic Mustang Trader Classifieds. Here is the link to the car -- 1968 Mustang For Sale Beutiful show car Coupe California --. After contacting the seller I was given the following information. The car was originally the seller's mothers that she inherited in 2004. She had the car completed restored including a new 302 Engine (swapped for the original 289), new transmission, new carburater, new interior and new chrome, new wheels and is rust free. The car was also painted by Glenn Quigley (the painter of the original Mustangs from the Fast and Furious). The seller claims to have receipts and documentation for all the work done to the car. Since the restoration, the car has been garaged and been driven less than 10,000 miles. The seller claims the car is in mint condition and is asking $14,000 for the car.

I live in NY and this car is in California. The buyer has agreed that I can send a private inspection company evaluate the car prior to me making any offer for the car. My question to you is what do you think about this situation? What questions should I be asking the seller prior to making an offer? How does the price sound? Do you have any other advice? Thanks for your time!
JJPicardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
It sounds fishy just because it's in California and if you do buy it I wouldn't go over 12500... It dosent matter how much he put into it because you sometimes loose money in these things
BA68 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #3

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA68 mustang
It sounds fishy just because it's in California and if you do buy it I wouldn't go over 12500... It dosent matter how much he put into it because you sometimes loose money in these things
Why does it sound fishy to you??
JJPicardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hey JJ, I would highly recommend "automobile inspection inc." out of Connecticut. I used them a few years back for a car in queens NY. Great company and amazing report. They sent me over 75 Picts and a 20 page report. Don't use some small time local inspector out of Cali ! They get paid off real easy and that's what happened to me here in Canada. I used a guy that came recommended from a mustang club. BIG MISTAKE. Even if they charge more, use them!

http://www.automobileinspections.com/

It's the best advice I can give you. I learned the hard way with my 67.

Ps: Ask to see some copies of all this work that was done and don't be shy to call some of the shops that did the work. Good luck.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Just because it's so far away
BA68 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs