Restoring Valerie:) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
Restoring Valerie:)

So I recently purchased my very first mustang a 1969 mustang coupe with a 302 c-4 combo now I have an idea o what I want done to the engine and everything I just want to hear some of your ideas here are the guidelines. I'm keeping the 302 and the c4 heat an A/C and 350-400 horsepower alright let's hear it
1969Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Congrats on the coupe!! Very nice. Welcome to the group. Here's what I've done on my 67fb so far....rebuilt 390, oversized pistons, a nice aggressive cam, 4 speed, super44's flow master and soon some 3:55 gears and performance headers.

Now don't get me wrong, if I had more of a budget I'd slap in a vortech blower and go nuts! But let's be honest, that's not why we have these cars. With my present setup I'm very content, once I put in the gears and headers I don't think I'll add anything else. It's plenty of power, all kinds of torque and she sounds unbelievable.

Please keep us informed with your progress. Great car!
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #3

Region: Illinois
Yeah what I have in my head is stroke the 302 to the very fun 347 stroker build the c-4, aluminum radiator upgrade the fan and water pump, all forged internals, aluminum heads, and the tunnel ram intake with dual quad 500 cfms and of course a nice size cam then we have the suspension I'm gonna get an upgrade kit with all the modern bushings and what now, all disc brake conversion (stupid drums!) and I'm keeping the 8.8 rear end probably gonna go with the 3.73 gears but who know we will see oh and I'm getting rid of those stupid Long tube headers with shortys lol and for paint a high gloss black with candy apple red racing stripes and bring the chrome back instead of the black bumpers im pretty sure I missed a couple things but I am taking care of the missed stuff too lol
1969Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
Re: Restoring Valerie:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969Valerie View Post
Yeah what I have in my head is stroke the 302 to the very fun 347 stroker build the c-4, aluminum radiator upgrade the fan and water pump, all forged internals, aluminum heads, and the tunnel ram intake with dual quad 500 cfms and of course a nice size cam then we have the suspension I'm gonna get an upgrade kit with all the modern bushings and what now, all disc brake conversion (stupid drums!) and I'm keeping the 8.8 rear end probably gonna go with the 3.73 gears but who know we will see oh and I'm getting rid of those stupid Long tube headers with shortys lol and for paint a high gloss black with candy apple red racing stripes and bring the chrome back instead of the black bumpers im pretty sure I missed a couple things but I am taking care of the missed stuff too lol
wow, can't wait to see this thing done. sounds like an awesome list.. awesome car!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs