Market value - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Market value

IM looking for any way to increase the value of my 68 mustang coupe there is a built 289 backed with a c4 tranny and I'm goanna put in front discs, swaybars and new shocks.... What will increase the value the most?????
BA68 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
In my opinion, you wont get your money back from much of anything unless you can do all of the work yourself, especially the bodywork. Having said that, the thing that will help the value the most is to do whatever you do with professionalism and cover every detail. Don't do anything that is "good enough."
matcox83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Invest in a media blaster, and start tearing everything out. Strip that bad dad down and don't miss an inch. Inside and out. Paint and polish. If you put her back together with care, you'll have a clean *** car. That will increase your value quite a bit. It's a ton of work, and I doubt you'll want to part with her after investing such tlc. I'm half way done with my car. It will be showroom condition when it's complete. Anyone can bolt on random parts to any car. The problem with that is that you put a new rear end in a car...fine and dandy. It may increase its performance, but every car comes with a rear end. Simply putting a new one in doesn't increase it's value. It's supposed to be there. You have to set your car aside from every other car out there. Making it exceptionally clean will distinguish your car from every other rust bucket out there. I'd pay much more for a clean car, than a cancer ridden, molested hot rod with better performance. When a person looks at buying a vehicle, they will pay top dollar for a clean car because they don't have to do the restoration, and they can bolt on performance as they deem desirable. Keeping it in its original condition will make its value much higher. It's seems counterintuitive, but it's what a buyer wants.
Willi960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

I totally agree. Buyers want the fun of upgrading, not the pain of real work. The real work is what will pay off if you do it right. But you still have to do it yourself to come out money ahead. Last "but"- if you are already thinking of selling it for a profit, I don't think you should even start it. Sell it as is and walk away. Cars are a terrible investment unless you can afford the best/rarest. In my opinion though, you should fix it and keep it.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I figured and I'm in the middle of doing now and I plan on keeping it for awhile before I let it go I was just wondering if I dropped in a t5 instead of a C4... Etc if that would make a difference
Old 08-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Now you would probably enjoy the T5 enough to do it anyway. But do it for yourself, not resale. A lot of hobbyists might think that was too difficult and expensive to do on their own. See? There's an exception to every rule.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahaha okay I see
Old 08-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I just found out that my car was originally a 3 speed manual would dropping in a t5 affect the market value now?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

What year/engine/body style etc is it? If its run of the mill, t5 should only help value
Old 08-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

It a 68 coupe with a 289 that now has just about everything on it accept heads and a c4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs