Originally Posted by FortyBrandon
I recently purchased my 69 Mach 1 and it needs body work I want to get it sanded down but I know when I sand it down I'll lose the original paint forever should I worry about this last on my restoration to do list?
There isn't enough "original" paint left to worry about.
The first things I would do is:
1. Take lots of pictures of inside and out for future reference.
2. Disassemble as much as possible, bagging and tagging any reusable parts.
3. Have the body bead blasted with a media that will not "shot peen" and harden the metal to remove all of the old paint and rust.
4. Shoot the metal with a preservative finish, so it does not rust up as you are working on it.
5. Begin repairing rotted out and damaged parts.
OR, if you don't want to do all that just drop it off at my house and I'll give it a good home.