Brake and belts warning lens - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Brake and belts warning lens

I am ready to put my instrument cluster back together but I think I have misplaced the lens next to the right turn signal indicator. I've researched a little and I can't seem to find a replacement for that small piece. Does anyone know where I could buy this piece without having to buy a whole package? Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2558321970.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	65659
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Are you looking for the lens only? Or the lens with some type of writing on it? Cause if it's just the colored lens you can go into any arts and crafts store and buy some plastic color sheets. I got some for my turn signals when I reprinted my cluster.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapaDean
Are you looking for the lens only? Or the lens with some type of writing on it? Cause if it's just the colored lens you can go into any arts and crafts store and buy some plastic color sheets. I got some for my turn signals when I reprinted my cluster.
.....sorry I meant repainted.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I prefer replacing the lens with lettering as original as possibly, and I still have my turn signal lens. but I took out the belts light and I'm not sure if my brake warning light will ever be used. So hey, I might just do that to fill the hole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Hey would you mind maybe posting a photo of how your repainted instrument cluster came out? Did you use a chrome paint to hit the chrome like finish on it, and if so, did you hand paint it or use a spray of some sort. I'm just curios because I'm thinking of refinishing mine, but I dunno exactly what I should use to touch it up. I'm tempted to buy a new one, but if I can save a hundred bones it would be better spent on other stuff.
Willi960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Check my pics on my profile. I didn't do the chrome finish look. I went full black and just let the chrome trim on the center console to match the door panels. Plus I found other center knobs for the instrument cluster. It's a little restomod, but not too much.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-704638656.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	433.1 KB
ID:	65778   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2447415683.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	435.9 KB
ID:	65779  

Old 08-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Check my pics on my profile. I didn't do the chrome finish look. I went full black and just let the chrome trim on the center console to match the door panels. Plus I found other center knobs for the instrument cluster. It's a little restomod, but not too much.
The main reason I painted full black is cause most chrome paint (spray form or brushed on) are usually a little crappy looking. That's what the prev owner had done and I hated it. It looked cheap and didn't match the rest of the car. When I get some more $$ I'll end up buying a new set. But for now it looks good and I've had many compliments on my interior. I'll post more pics today.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Awesome. I may give it a shot. Looks pretty good. When you get around to swapping out your cluster I'd consider the 140 mph gauge as well. It just looks cool to have those numbers up on the dash. Especially with that beast your running. What kind of prep/paint did you do to the center console? Mine needs repainted. And if u can get it to look like how yours came out, I'd be stoked.
Willi960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Nice bro! Thanks. My prepping was very simple, light sanding with some type of sanding sponge. Then I just used some paint thinner to clean up the surfaces, just a regular rag will do. All of my pieces we're prepped the same way. Just tape off the chrome trim on the console with masking tape. And tape off the sliding compartment real good. I just used satin finish spray paint for exterior use. Turned out pretty good. I sprayed about 4 coats on the parts.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I painted my instrument cluster all black and I was very satisfied. And tonight I finished painting the metal dash. Another plus for tonight is that I got my mustang started for the first time ever since I put in a new wiring harness. I've missed the sound of it!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I know the feeling about that first start...check this out last year. First time ever! It was unbelievable.

Post some pics of your interior. I'd love to see it.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, then today I finished all wiring and got to drive it. It felt good hitting my kick down cable I love that thing! Your mustang has a super nice deep tone. I have flow masters as well but I didn't know until my mechanic pointed it out. He bad talked them until he heard them haha. I just finished my interior today so I'll be happy to put up a picture.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Nice! I'll be taking mine out tomorrow for a small local car show in Montreal. This place called the orange julep, it's a local land mark old school diner. Have fun and be safe.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	image-2864964358.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	66178
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2632926390.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	66177  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Great job! It looks really nice. Here's mine at that car show I mentioned. Your interior looks real good. I think all black is slick, not too restomod and it make the interior look a little mean. What do u think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2571680098.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	507.7 KB
ID:	66179   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3690977927.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	532.9 KB
ID:	66180  

Name:	image-3231189814.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	66181  
Old 08-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Black is definitely the best color on Mustang! Your car is magnificent in every way it seems like. I glossed my dash and I'm sooo happy with it. Now I'm ready to paint exterior. I really want black but I don't think it would go well with black vinyl top. Maybe gold or bronze? What's your preference?
Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm, good question about the color. It depends on what look your going for. The gold/bronze look is tricky, if done in a more original look it tends to give off an old man look. But, my opinion if your mind is set on that color range I would go with black rims, old school but with black in them and definitely a hood strip. Just the hood though. No trunk, or going down in front of the nose of the car. You need to accent the vinyl top with some other black on your car.

It's funny, I just saw another 68 with 428 cobra jet in that same color scheme. But again in its original state. Looks nice, prob matching #'s but it doesn't have that bad *** look. As far as color I would stay in that range that you want but not too light. Something bronzey but with some gun metal look also. Just my opinion.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I can see it in my head now... Haha thanks a lot we are on the same page. Now on the search for wheels!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

LOL....very cool brother ! Keep me posted and good luck. Get some pics.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Just a few ideas that I thought about getting for mine next year. I personally love the last pic. Those are the VN 500 rims, I've seen them in person on a 60's challenger and they look amazing! Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3746816032.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	66418   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3190274490.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	66419  

Attached Images

Old 08-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Also I thought that a nice accent on your car to bring out the black would be the racing decals like ones I have on mine but in black. Mine are obviously white, but I definitely think black side decals (on bottom of doors) would look crazy on your car and setup.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just a few ideas that I thought about getting for mine next year. I personally love the last pic. Those are the VN 500 rims, I've seen them in person on a 60's challenger and they look amazing! Hope it helps.
The VN's are the last pic.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I definitely love the VN 500. Those are the best looking wheels I've ever seen. They're similar to the old Shelby wheels. Thanks for the tip about the door stripe. I love thinking about small paint additions like that. A black taillight panel and headlight housing really interests me. It's gonna be a while for paint though. So I'll dream for now
Old 08-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

No prob. Your panel idea is slick too. It's never ending what u can do with these awesome mustangs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs