Build sponsorship - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Build sponsorship

Just got a very cool build sponsorship from a well know company. I haven't received their products yet, but I was wondering if anyone has ever been fortunate enough to be supplied with free parts for their restorations by any corporations. I am hesitant to drop too much information on it until Its all worked out. But I am curios if anybody has had similar promotional stuff like that?
Willi960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
My uncle got a deal like that when he did his 69. I'm not sure what company but u remember him talking about it. I would never be that lucky lol.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I was surfing around on websites for parts and came across a promotional sponsorship application. I had to give some history and detail of my build, and they must have liked it. I emailed them a bunch of photos, and they said they would give me a phone call Tuesday. It's a gentleman's agreement, in return for their product, I will do small advertising for them at car shows to help promote their product.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I'm pretty stoked about it. It's gonna save me a ton of $$$$ lol. Only thing is I have an actual deadline to finish my car, when before it was build at my own pace. I think the extra pressure is a good motivator though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Build sponsorship

That's great about your sponsorship and saving $$$. I look at your pictures and you have a big job ahead of you. I hope you post pictures of the progress along the way? That would be awesome.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog
That's great about your sponsorship and saving $$$. I look at your pictures and you have a big job ahead of you. I hope you post pictures of the progress along the way? That would be awesome.
Thanks! I've been loading as I go along actually. I have been taking a small hiatus. Gotta keep your head right in order to do good work . I'll be posting more after I reinstall my front end with new parts. I'm stripping paint at the same time, and still removing power steering. Hopefully I'll be reassembling soon. God I want to start turning the wrench in the other direction lol. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi960

Thanks! I've been loading as I go along actually. I have been taking a small hiatus. Gotta keep your head right in order to do good work . I'll be posting more after I reinstall my front end with new parts. I'm stripping paint at the same time, and still removing power steering. Hopefully I'll be reassembling soon. God I want to start turning the wrench in the other direction lol. Thanks for the reply.
It's so cool that you ended up with a sponsorship , up here in Montreal(Canada) we don't that much of a market for companies to give out things the way they do in the states. I'll start doing research soon to see if I would be eligible. Good luck on your build.
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

As soon as I receive my products, I'll further explain the how's and the who's and the where's.
I just don't want to let the cat out of the bag Before I get hooked up. Don't want to shoot myself in the foot.
Here's a photo of my mustang before it was stripped. It's in a million pieces right now. But I'm at the point now where I'm actually turning the wrench to the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2668200793.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	519.8 KB
ID:	67032
Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Build sponsorship

it can be more hassle than its worth as they usually just dont give people free stuff and expect nothing. Hopefully it will work out for you.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

They only asked that I put their new products out there while I'm at car shows, and do a small amount of advertising. The free stuff will add up to well over a few thousand dollars. I get to have my build showcased in their website, and it will be potentially used in commercial advertising of some sort. I have no problem giving a shout out to a company who saves me some bucks, and gives me a great product
Old 09-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I found one that sponsors in Canada and the us, just make sure you read the terms and conditions very well. I did and it's not all you think it is. It depends why's position you're in and how much stuff you need for your car. If youre not good and ready to invest a little bit of money you shouldn't get involved. That's just my opinion, I will prob do it next summer when I'm ready to add some rims/tires and some bolt on engine parts ( headers, intake...). I hope you read the fine print.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

It was supposed to be a gentleman's agreement, but for some reason they failed to call me on Tuesday. I kinda feel like these guys were jerking me around. I postponed painting my engine bay, and other things to accommodate their offer. If they don't email me or contact me by the end of the week, I have some negative advertising in mind lol.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I had a similar situation with my wrangler a few years ago....ya ya we are going to customize your interior and soft top and show your car....bla bla bla. Giant pile of BS. Never again.

If its too good to be true then it is. The site that I found said 5000$ in free parts and then you read the fine print and find out the only thing they do is get you a discount 25% to 75% off whatever you buy. It's a great idea but it's covered with a bunch of maybes and whatifs and unless you do this or that. Just work and save your money until a real deal comes along.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapaDean
I had a similar situation with my wrangler a few years ago....ya ya we are going to customize your interior and soft top and show your car....bla bla bla. Giant pile of BS. Never again.

If its too good to be true then it is. The site that I found said 5000$ in free parts and then you read the fine print and find out the only thing they do is get you a discount 25% to 75% off whatever you buy. It's a great idea but it's covered with a bunch of maybes and whatifs and unless you do this or that. Just work and save your money until a real deal comes along.
Dang! I had an email from Jack Roush Sr saying he was going to give me a r2300 blower and I'll I needed to do was send a check for the taxes and shipping to an account in south America... Ohh well, I guess I'll just have to buy one.

I do get random emails from women who apparently can't spell and have random email names... They say they are in to me... And they like hot passion. I sent them money too .

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Please tell me your kidding....
Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapaDean
Please tell me your kidding....
That's sarcasm or the most unfortunate person I know

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Hahaha....just asking brother.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

If anyone is curious it was sherwin Williams. If you go to their website and look at project build, they have, or had an online application for it. They contacted me back right away and were all in, but then suddenly they just quit corresponding. I should've known better lol
Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

They finally got back to me. Two weeks after the planned upon date. Looks like they had done technicalities with the distributor. He told me that they should have it all sorted out by next week and they would ship me anything I needed in the way of paint products. Glad I opted out of send that nasty email I had thought to send them for jerking my chain. Still not totally convinced yet, but I'll leave the possibility open. I'll update when I hear back.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Finally received the free paint products. They sent me nearly $2000.00 in free stuff! My only obligation is to promote them every chance I get. Their Barrett Jackson line is actually bad *** stuff. The containers and associated reducers and hardeners are packaged very intelligently which make mixing and measuring quantities a cinch. While I did get the paint for free, I'd highly recommend their custom paint products. I'll post photos of their shipment when I get the metal flake and reducer. Sherwin Williams is thebomb.com.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Free paint!! Woot woot!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-550872119.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	71373  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs