Starting - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #1

Region: California
Starting

Car won't start... I tried turning the ignition key and no sound no nothing? Any ideas?
1967dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You got power anywhere in the car? Lights, courtesy lights, radio.....
BigpapaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Call AAA
matcox83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matcox83
Call AAA
Good idea
Insane4Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Battery maybe also if you still have lights check the starter could be other things too..

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapaDean
You got power anywhere in the car? Lights, courtesy lights, radio.....
Yes got power everywhere!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Call AAA
Already did they say starter I say no way...

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992
Battery maybe also if you still have lights check the starter could be other things too..
Like what else??
Old 09-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Like starter solenoid
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
My point is that often people are asking for advice but if you don't have the proper diagnostic skills to check a no start you might need to take it to a mechanic. Probably not a popular view on this forum, but you can waste a lot of money replacing parts for what could be as simple as a $10 battery cable. Sorry. I'm a former auto technician and I know it takes tools and knowledge to diagnose cars. Not everyone has both.
matcox83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Well I think that's, in part, why we are here. If you don't want to help then don't, I will. I'm more than happy to.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Dream, do you have a multimeter? If not, you should get one. Its you best friend when it comes to troubleshooting electrical issues. It will save you a lot of money, because you can use it to test the part in question instead of just replacing parts. I suspect a starter solenoid and I can tell you how to test it when you are ready. Also please varify what car this is for?
irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

If your getting lights that makes a big difference..

Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #11

Quote:
My point is that often people are asking for advice but if you don't have the proper diagnostic skills to check a no start you might need to take it to a mechanic. Probably not a popular view on this forum, but you can waste a lot of money replacing parts for what could be as simple as a $10 battery cable. Sorry. I'm a former auto technician and I know it takes tools and knowledge to diagnose cars. Not everyone has both.
Well thanks for nothing... I'm sorry I'm not a former auto technician and only trying to learn at 17 years old. But then again how did a genius like you learn how to do everything? Oh that's right I'm sorry you always knew since the day your where born. I find out that it was the neutral safety switch because it was blown, but you already knew it was that didn't you?
Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Woah chill out. It's hard to diagnose stuff over the Internet. Sometimes taking it to the shop is the best way. Im all for pulling stuff apart and trying to fix it yourself. That's the best way to learn that's how I learned.

Glad you figured it out tho. I had the neutral safety switch go out on my 91 f150. I spent days before I got to the bottom of it.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Dream. Check the Neutral safety switch..... Just kidding
mike Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967dream

Well thanks for nothing... I'm sorry I'm not a former auto technician and only trying to learn at 17 years old. But then again how did a genius like you learn how to do everything? Oh that's right I'm sorry you always knew since the day your where born. I find out that it was the neutral safety switch because it was blown, but you already knew it was that didn't you?
First off, the most basic and proper tools can help diagnose problems, even if you dont fully understand what you are reading, people on here can help out if they have all the DETAILS. You post a "no start" thread and hardly any details and dont expect at least a couple if smarta$$ answers? I too was shaking my head about the original post, details help a lot. People on here try to help but it does make it difficult when somebody posts something equivalent to "my butt burned like napalm was pouring out of it this morning, please help" with nothing in the way of "I ate 46 jalapeƱos last night". Maybe the initial replies weren't the best but calm down and grow up.
gc19662007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc19662007

First off, the most basic and proper tools can help diagnose problems, even if you dont fully understand what you are reading, people on here can help out if they have all the DETAILS. You post a "no start" thread and hardly any details and dont expect at least a couple if smarta$$ answers? I too was shaking my head about the original post, details help a lot. People on here try to help but it does make it difficult when somebody posts something equivalent to "my butt burned like napalm was pouring out of it this morning, please help" with nothing in the way of "I ate 46 jalapeƱos last night". Maybe the initial replies weren't the best but calm down and grow up.
Hahahahaha I laughed so hard at that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs