Mustang II Ghia too Cobra II Restoration.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #1

Region: California
Mustang II Ghia too Cobra II Restoration....

Hey guys, new on this forum. Belong to others, I never thought in a bazillion years I would own a mustang I have always been a dart fan and switched to diesel benz. Well I picked this up for a scream and it has a lot of issues but nothing that serious the worst of the all is how do I go about registering it? Everything says its a 75 but the vin says other, not sure whats up and where. Then the engine is seized. I just spent about 5 hours de mossing the exterior and clear all the drains....to privet the surface rust from becoming rot.....Well I welcome any commits, be it good bad or evil. I have no idea about the car, all I know is I will get it back on the road...its just finding the time to tackle projects. Any help at all about registering it in California would also be awesome! That will be a headache! Thanks guys!

Heres a write up I did in my blog, has pics and stuff I have more info but just need to do another write up. I will also get to filling in my profile in a bit.

http://vintageaffair.blog.com/
cooljjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
That's awesome! It's not a mustang you see much of, it is an unusual specimen. Good luck with it. You'll get better response if you shortcut to posting photos directly to this forum. Wish you the best.
Willi960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljjay View Post
Hey guys, new on this forum. Belong to others, I never thought in a bazillion years I would own a mustang I have always been a dart fan and switched to diesel benz. Well I picked this up for a scream and it has a lot of issues but nothing that serious the worst of the all is how do I go about registering it? Everything says its a 75 but the vin says other, not sure whats up and where. Then the engine is seized. I just spent about 5 hours de mossing the exterior and clear all the drains....to privet the surface rust from becoming rot.....Well I welcome any commits, be it good bad or evil. I have no idea about the car, all I know is I will get it back on the road...its just finding the time to tackle projects. Any help at all about registering it in California would also be awesome! That will be a headache! Thanks guys!

Heres a write up I did in my blog, has pics and stuff I have more info but just need to do another write up. I will also get to filling in my profile in a bit.

http://vintageaffair.blog.com/
Congrats on your find, but sadly those are the least desirable Mustangs. I owned a 78 King Cobra years ago and while it was quite underpowered, it was a fun little car to drive. Finding parts is going to be an issue, as there are just not many available.

Be sure to check the top of your fuel tank. They are known to rot out. Hopefully yours is in good shape as they are very difficult to find.

A nice mildly built 5.0 HO engine will make the car a blast to drive. If I owned one, I would consider swapping in the 89 model fuel injected 5.0 because there are a ton of go fast goodies for them, they perform very well and you can get decent fuel mileage out of them. I have a MAF converted 5.0 HO in my 86 GT that produces 405 HP at the flywheel. It makes for a fun to drive car for sure.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs