looking to buy 66 mustang...advice please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
Region: Georgia
looking to buy 66 mustang...advice please

I am currently looking to purchase a 66 mustang and would like to get some opinions on whether this particular vehicle I'm looking at is a good deal. The purchase price is 15,000. Here are the specs and I have attached several pictures of the vehicle. The pictures are a little old but was told the vehicle is in the same shape as depicted. I wouldnt think of purchasing it before seeing it for myself but just want to know if I'd be wasting my time to go look at it.

This is a very clean and mostly restored mustang the personal touches are up to you. 289 c.i.d. (original block)motor rebuilt has about 2800 miles, with over 400 horsepower, 3spd manual trans(original)Original 280:1 rear. I have original parts nothing was every disposed of. GT40 Heads, roler rockers and performace comp cam rollerized, Holley 650,Edlebrock intake and water pump, MSD Ignition and coil, Griffin aluminum radiator, electric fan, completely rewired bumper to bumper(painless EZ Harnness)you could still add power windows,doorlocksa/c and much more 24 circuit fuse block nothing was removed from harness just tucked away nicely, New lighting socets and plugs. New interior incuding steering wheel,dash pads, doors, seats and carpet ( back to original/black), Paint job is beautiful 3 years new( Red/black strip on hood, easily removed)Kenwood system with cd player, new heater core and heater box, new chrome. 2 1/2 stainless steel exhaust. Has new brakes original 4 wheel manual drum. all rubber and weatherstripping has been replaced. This car is ready for street or show, No dents no dings no rust.I have shown it some and it certainly turns heads on the street. The car looks and sounds great. Cranks and starts on the first turn of the key.

Thank you for taking the time to read my question and for any advice you provide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	19142   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	19143  

Name:	mustang3.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	19144   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang4.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	19145  

Name:	mustang5.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	19146   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang6.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	19147  

Name:	mustang7.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	19148   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang9.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	19149  

jmv203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: looking to buy 66 mustang...advice please

I had a friend with a near identical 66 coupe, the block is sturdy and should have no problems.. On only a 289, however.. I'd be very wary of the horsepower claim you were given.. especially with only GT40 heads.. I've got (no emissions) and only see around 350 to the wheels with worked GT40 heads and a 331 bottom end

That car looks gorgeous, though..

Did you look over it thoroughly? inside/outside/top/bottom?
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs