Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1992 mustang gt 5speed

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gt199283 
#1 ·
Im working on restoring my aging 1992 mustang gt 5speed I am building a motor for it and would like to know the original compression ratio is in a stock 5.0 302 ci HO motor, also I would like to know what the lift and duration is on the factory roller cam. I have been having nothing but trouble since I converted my car from a automatic trans to a five speed I just changed the computer form an a9p to an a9L that seemed to help alittle, but I was told that their is a difference in the cam shafts from a automaic trans motor and a 5 speed motor. Any info would be great!

#2 ·
Pretty sure stock is only 9.0:1 compression ratio, begging for boost..

I do not believe cam was any different automatic to manual, but the options for aftermarket cams are different (due to the nature of the engine/idle at lower RPMs) Not sure of the stock cam specs..

The A9L is the most responsive ECU, it seems.. you can also scan/modify it with a tweecer or a chip...

#3 ·
Thanks for the Info! I am tring to build a reliable daily driver that gets some decent gas mileage. So I am tring to keep the compression ratio low for pump gas, the pistons I have are TRW Forgged pistons they say with a 65cc combustion chamber they will make 9.5.1 which I dont think I will need any octane boosters. that brings me to my next question how many cc's are the factory 5.0 HO roller motor heads?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.