1992 mustang gt 5speed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
Region: New York
1992 mustang gt 5speed

Im working on restoring my aging 1992 mustang gt 5speed I am building a motor for it and would like to know the original compression ratio is in a stock 5.0 302 ci HO motor, also I would like to know what the lift and duration is on the factory roller cam. I have been having nothing but trouble since I converted my car from a automatic trans to a five speed I just changed the computer form an a9p to an a9L that seemed to help alittle, but I was told that their is a difference in the cam shafts from a automaic trans motor and a 5 speed motor. Any info would be great!

gt199283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: 1992 mustang gt 5speed

Pretty sure stock is only 9.0:1 compression ratio, begging for boost..

I do not believe cam was any different automatic to manual, but the options for aftermarket cams are different (due to the nature of the engine/idle at lower RPMs) Not sure of the stock cam specs..

The A9L is the most responsive ECU, it seems.. you can also scan/modify it with a tweecer or a chip...

2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
Region: New York
Re: 1992 mustang gt 5speed

Thanks for the Info! I am tring to build a reliable daily driver that gets some decent gas mileage. So I am tring to keep the compression ratio low for pump gas, the pistons I have are TRW Forgged pistons they say with a 65cc combustion chamber they will make 9.5.1 which I dont think I will need any octane boosters. that brings me to my next question how many cc's are the factory 5.0 HO roller motor heads?
gt199283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

1992 mustang