Ideas on Mustang Salvage options? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #1

eric_at_home is unknown around these parts
Question Ideas on Mustang Salvage options?

We recently totaled our '68 Mustang (damage to frame, engine and front-end) and are looking for advice on what to do with the poor thing now.

Anyone know of a Mustang Salvage yard anywhere close to Seattle? Is this the kind of thing someone would want for hopefully more than just scrap?

Thanks guys!

-Eric

Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #2

302pony is unknown around these parts
You should post pics. I know if my ins company told me my mustang was totaled I would still look to have it rebuilt. No reason the front clip couldn't be replaced really depends on the condition of rest of car and the extent of damage. Don't be to quick to take ins co word for it especially if the car is important to you

Old 12-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Aggiesrok is unknown around these parts
From an insurance perspective, it doesn't take much to total a 68 car. If it's really too much to fix, you could part it out. Just start stripping trim, hardware, knobs, brackets, lights, etc. Some stuff is really hard to find expecially for a concours collector. EBAY it.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #4

eric_at_home is unknown around these parts
Thanks for the ideas, y'all. I'm uploading a couple pics to my album for more context.

We're not in a position keep this car around (nowhere to put it at this point), so parting it out would be tough. I'll likely try craigslist and see if anyone wants to make an offer on the entire car.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

tc x 4 is unknown around these parts
For a future reference, buy hagerty ins. You name the value of your car and they charge you accordingly. My insurance on a 2012gt through them is $414 a year. My 83 is $175 for the year and you don't have to fight for every $ worth of damage. If the car is totaled , they pay you the value you agreed upon upfront.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Tyoung68 is unknown around these parts
You could fix that no problem. They sell every lice of sheet metal for your car even the sub frames. Id say fix it!! I have a 68 too
Old 12-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Blacksmith is unknown around these parts
I agree fix it. I replaced the front clip on my 68 fastback and floors, quarter panel etc.... Check out my build. You might be inspired!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Tyoung68 is unknown around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
I agree fix it. I replaced the front clip on my 68 fastback and floors, quarter panel etc.... Check out my build. You might be inspired!
I put floors in mine too..... First time rally cutting metal and welding.... And i was 14..... Lets just say they didnt turn put the best

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs