Anybody know about a 1975 Mustang II? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody know about a 1975 Mustang II?

Im looking to buy a 1975 Mustang II. its a v8, 302, with about Original 30,000 miles. Original paint (white)... no power steering. Its an old lady selling it for $2,500. i know thats a low price so im thinking about buying it and then selling it.... How much can i sell this car for? or should i keep it and why?
stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

ok, with a car that old and an old lady having it you need to make sure its in good condition...

Also by II im assuming your talking about a 2nd generation mustang. Which I would say isn't as good as the 1st generation of mustangs. But the fact that it only has 30,000 miles is good.

If it actually had 30,000 miles on it and it is in pretty good shape and just about everything works then you could get up to 10,000 assuming its in near perfect condition inside and out...

And the reasons you should keep it are:

1) its a classic mustang, nothing say "cool" like an old mustang.
2) if it only has 30,000 miles on it and looks good then you will be lucky to ever find a car that good for the money...
3) its a mustang..... I know i said that before but hey it needs to get across..

My final word is to.....
KEEP IT IF YOU GET IT.
field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
wit
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2007 Mustang, so I have done a bit of research on the history of the car.
If you are looking for a cheap used car, Japaneseis one. Buy something from Japan instead, because old Japanese cars actually work. With this Mustang, you would probably pay more in repairs than you would for the actual car.
You could probably buy an 80's or early 90's camaro or mustang for around the same price if you really want an American muscle car, but you will probably not get the one with the best engine.

If you want to buy it as a collectors car, it seems that you are not in a position to start collecting cars. Get to know them much better first; otherwise, you will lose money and end up with a car that you cannot sell taking up space in your driveway.
wit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

while the Mustang II is not considered a classic Mustang 65-73, the small Mustang II 74-78 does have a following
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MustangIIMA

it the mileage is right and not turned over to 130k, then it's a good buy and you might even make a profit, but they are hard to sell because they are not near as popular as the earlier ones..
broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The Mustang II's were not a popular and desireable vehicle when new, let alone 30+ years later. There have been many better renditions of the Mustang after that fiasco.
If you need transportation, go for it.
Is it a money maker?/ I really doubt it.
mervyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

ah sorry but prob the worst mustang ever produced in ford history and has a weak 302 due to emissions of the mid to late seventies. Rare car so would fix it up then sell it and get a real mustang cerca 1967-1972 or 1979-2010 there you go
llevelys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'd keep it, You don't see those mustangs around any more.
My father bought a green 77 hatchback in 78 for 3,300.
Too be honest i haven't heard any more about them until I seen this question.Heck 30,000 miles is barely even broken in yet.
colton is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Tags
1975 mustang