What is the difference? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What is the difference?

What is the difference between the 1967 ford mustang and the 1967 ford mustang shelby gt 500
lugaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

What is the difference?

1967 was the first year for the GT 500 (the first GT 350's were in 1965).

The original colors of the GT500 were metallic grey with some twin black racing stripes. It featured a 1967 Mercury Cougar tail light panel minus the chrome trim, a flip-up spoiler, and two sets of air scoops on each side. This was also the first American car to feature a factory roll bar. The new GT500 featured a 428-CID (7 L) big-block V8. It was fitted with a "Hi-Po" 302, 4-speed manual transmission, and included front and rear disc brakes.
avsalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What is the difference?

I don't know all the specs, but I did know a guy that worked at Ford in '67 and got a Shelby.

Apparently Mr.Shelby was allowed to do mods to the mustang, hence the cobra snake on the trim. Peers called it a 'Glorified Muskrat', Back in the day, nobody had respect for that little car (smaller than the rest of the Muscle Cars), therefore the Muskrat moniker.(An aside: At the Ford plant they had a Mustang Corral for the Mustang owners, very close to the entrance, and anyone that owned a foreign car had to park around the perimeter of the parking lot)

The engine was more powerful, the snake was classier than the horse, and it was a chick magnet... but now it's 40 years older.

Sorry I don't know much more about the car, but as an aging 'muscle car' devotee, I'm much more into practical vehicles... something I can tote a sheet of plywood home with.

A couple of years ago, I had a date with a guy that had a Vette. He *****ed all the way that the numbers on the speedometer were too small for an old fart to read.. yet old farts were the only ones that could afford new ones.

Does that tell you anything?

Have a happy life!
GC

cuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

What is the difference?

500 more gts
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs