Glasspacks or Flowmasters? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Glasspacks or Flowmasters?

I have a 1967 Mustang Coupe with a 302 V8 engine and I can't decide whether to get dual glasspacks or flowmasters. I don't know much about either of the two except that flowmasters come in different series. From what I understand flowmasters are also louder and glasspacks tend to have a deeper sound. What is the difference between the two: Sound, Performance, Quality, Price, Etc. Which do you think will sound better on my stang?

- Thanks
napier29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Glass packs have been around a long time and are generally a good bit cheaper and probably wont last as long but will sound fine. Flow masters are a good quality product but not cheap they to will sound fine. It's really up to you as to how much you want to spend on mufflers.As for the deep throat ed sound the size pipes you run from muffler out has a lot to do with that
nyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'd pay extra for Flowmasters to a avoid eventual replacement. I have glass packs on my 78 El Camino 350 and they do have a nice deep, throaty sound that isn't excessively loud. But eventually I'm going to replace them with nice turbo mufflers. Flowmasters will probably be louder than glasspacks, but I'm sure they'll produce a really sought after rumble that you're looking for.
kolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

flowmasters are my preference, there are different series of flowmasters. I had a 50 series on my f-150 w/ a 289. You can get ones that are loud or ones that are rich & subtle sounding.
iddig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Sound, Performance, Quality, Price: Flowmaster all the way.

The glasspacks will eventually blow out which will cost you for another set of replacements.
cedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Glass packs used for racing are OK but around 200.00 whereas the ones in auto parts stores are 20.00 at most. They are packed with fiberglass and rust quickly. Sound like a glass pack which makes car sound all show no go. Get Flowmaster or Borla Turbo muffler.
kolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

glasspacks are cheaper and louder with little back pressure. flowmasters cost a little more and will sound better and perform better and last alot longer
josilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

packs sound dam good on a 302
harailt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs