1967 Ford Mustang MPG'S? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1967 Ford Mustang MPG'S?

Found a good deal on a 67 mustang with a 6cyl in line engine but im wondering how much miles per gallon it will get me. If it gets under 23 i might not get it. Not sure if it is stick, would it make a difference...

Thank You in Advance...
adron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

1967 Ford Mustang MPG'S?

A test of a 1969 Ford Maverick with an automatic and 200 cubic-inch 6 cylinder found that this combo was good for 20-23 mpg. the maverick is roughly the same size as a Mustang, so 23 is within the realm of possibility.

A good tuneup, low restriction exhaust and radial tires (less rolling resistance than bias-ply) will further enhance your chances of hitting the target.
iseabail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

1967 Ford Mustang MPG'S?

I have a 78 2.3 bored .60 over 4 cylinder mustang II. The displacement is roughly equal to a smaller 6 cylinder engine (3.1 liter) I get 18 - 22 miles to the gallon. If a car has a stick shift, It will get better gas milage because of less friction due to no torque converter. Either way, If you found a good deal on it I would still get it just because the joy of driving it will pay for the extra gas it uses. Yeah my car drinks more gas then I'd like it to, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
baldrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

1967 Ford Mustang MPG'S?

You don't drive a classic Mustang for the gas mileage. If you're worried about gas mileage, buy a Honda.
brant is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs