1967 Ford Mustang Restoration? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
1967 Ford Mustang Restoration?

Does anybody know of an excellent place to get a 1967 Ford Mustang fully restored? It's a coupe with a rebuilt stock 289 (though i wouldn't mind a bigger engine). Car has original interior...one hole the size of a dime in the back seat and the front seats have faded to a pink from red. Carpet needs to be replaced due to window leaks. One side mirror (i was told it only came with one). Deck Lid replaced as well as the bottom of the trunk...a hole rusted through (about the size of baseball) due to the leaking deck lid. And a paint job! The last people we got to paint it let a bunch of college students paint it...need i say more...I will anyways. There is about 7 inches of paint chipped off along the top of the drivers door. The paint has bubbles in it on one spot on the hood and roof. However, The bubbling around the "Mustang" on the edge of the trunk lid is horrible. The passenger side makes my car an "ustang" I still have the "M" But the guy who fixed that as well as the back quarter panels Screwed that up so even if i was to put the "M" back on it would be extremely crooked. When that guy put the back quarter panels on he used rivets and you can see them through the paint. I won't even begin to talk about the motor, but I will say that it runs. I am able to drive it from home to work with no problems and it spinns a damn good wheel at red lights. But as much work as this car needs i won't get rid of it. My grandpa bought it for my mom back in '85. It was her first car and she kept it (though it sat for about 8 years) and gave it to me as my first car. It's my dream to have it restored because she's been trying to do it for nearly 25 years. Besides that, Mustangs were special in my family. My mom's oldest sister's first car was a 1965 mustang coupe that my older brother now owns (and it needs a lot more work than mine) My mom had this 1967 Mustang and her younger sister had a 1971 Mustang whose motor is now in my brother's 1965. So as you can see, this is a very special car and i need someone who can do the job right the first time and knows what they're doing.

jeremias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
1967 Ford Mustang Restoration?

It's going to cost big bucks to restore it, I would look around for a good restoration shop in your area to do the job and do anything you can do yourself to save money, your best bet is to go to some car shows and start asking people who have nice cars there who they would recommend taking it to.
esra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs