I have a 1973 ford mustang i want to know what its worth? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 1973 ford mustang i want to know what its worth?

my mustang has a brand new 351 cid ford racing engine block. it also has a 4 speed transmission and new clutch. just repainted. i would like to know an aprox. value as the engine alone is worth close to 7000.
maxfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

id say the best way to know is to go to www.kbb.com and look it up to see what the car itself is worth then take all the addons u have and add about 20% of their value to it...sry to break it to ya but puttin money into a car really doesnt increase value much
finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Is it a Mustang Mach 1? If so, it' s a pretty desirable car, even more so if it's yellow (the Eleanor Effect).

Otherwise, it's all relative to the buyer.The fact that it's a four speed is a strong selling point....If it's a notchback coupe, in decent condition (maybe needing some interior work and detailing), you could probaby get $5000-$7000 for it, no problem (a non-Mach 1 fastback would be on the higher end of that spectrum). If it's a Mach 1, double that.
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

around 25 grand if not better ,the overall condition of it will determine the price of it,those are worth a lot though right now,because its the last year of the full sized mustang.so you got a car worth some money ,in excellent shape it would bring way more than that,you have to price it according to the condition of it,good luck with it.
camdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

should there be no rust, with those engine trans options and the rest is in good shape, it should be close to that price
berkeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It all depends on the options in the car. A Mach 1 is worth more than a convertible or fastback, and both are worth more than a coupe. And the factory options count too. What engine came with it originally? Even if it isn't in the car, it can still affect value, a q code in the vin will always add value, as will a few other engine options.
Try and find similar cars in completed auctions on ebay and see what they sold for, that would give you a decent ball park.
There are also collector car pricing guides that will give you a general idea of what the car is worth. Even then it comes down to the quality of the work done to the car, and what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
dunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It all depends on the money spent on paint, engine, upholstery, wheels and also what body style.

If it's a coupe, it's worth about $7500, a fastback might be worth 10 or 15k, a convertible a little more...

but it's only worth what you will sell it for

also, Ebay is a very good place to see what they are actually selling for..
sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

well that 301 you had was a 302
and that 7000 dollar racing motor is worth about 1/2 that
total car if put original motor back in may bring 40,000
as is 15,000
txanton is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs