How do I find a 1964 1/2 Mustang that my father-in-law owned 40 years ago without the VIN? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How do I find a 1964 1/2 Mustang that my father-in-law owned 40 years ago without the VIN?

You can't. Without the VIN there is no other way to decipher one from another.
skeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

How do I find a 1964 1/2 Mustang that my father-in-law owned 40 years ago without the VIN?

it would be near to impossible even if you had the vin number, but try to remember everything about it you can and write it all down, engine, color, transmission, console? and any other options you can think of and check everyone you come in contact with..there's a good chance it still in the same old neighborhood, so go to car shows and ask around...watch all trader magazines and online places like ebay and craigslist..

join groups like this one, it has a large membership and would be a big help in your search..
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/classicmustang/

Here is one devoted to lost cars...
http://www.lost-car-registry.com/

Here's one devoted to the early years..
http://www.hurtle.com/cars/mustang/registry/

Good luck with your search..
auley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

You aren't going to. The VIN is the only distinguishing identifier that isn't going to change. If you have patience you might be able to get the info from the DMV if you have the license plate number. The state might still have it recorded and be willing to let you have the info.
hobbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

It's going to take some leg work - do you know where he purchased it? Have you thoroughly checked for any old registrations, recall notices or any other documentation that may contain the VIN? Check the DMV archives?
adom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs