Does anybody know where i can buy 1 of these cars and how much? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Does anybody know where i can buy 1 of these cars and how much?

I am only young but i want to buy some old cars. I have no idea how much they will cost or where to go to get them and would it be better to re build them from scratch.

1969 Dodge Charger
1968 Shelby mustang gt500
1968 Pontiac GTO judge
1967 Ford mustang fastback
1972 AC cobra
giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You should also consider that such a car may be expensive to insure. Check your insurance rates before buying one, for example here - carquotes.imess.net
erland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

You are looking for 35+ year old cars...with no idea how much they cost or where they are....

While your list of dreamcars is wonderful (we have a '69 Camaro), please do a lot of homework before you even set your eyes on one. These older cars are getting harder to find, especially if you want one where you will not have to do any welding or replacement of entire body sections.

These babies can be rust buckets, and a non-rust frame alone can cost more than a new car. If you want a numbers-matching car, expect to fork over a small fortune, though some of the new crate-engines are wonderful changes.

You will need time to learn to work on these cars since they always need some kind of work. They will have carbureted (sp) engines, even the crate-engines, so the engine work will be different than the newer ones. These are not speed demons, but take their glory from sheer HP and sound.

If I could suggest, search carforums on the internet that cater to these classic/muscle cars; there are lots of them, most have really cool car shows where you can see the cars right there, talk to the car owners, get tons of information, and possibly even learn how to restore a car and you could even get a heads-up on a car being sold. Some car enthusiasts will sell low to a fellow car lover than sell high to someone who will beat the daylights out of the car.

This will not be a cheap 'hobby'. Even when completely restored, these cars are not really daily drivers, they have horrible gas mileage (my husband's 454 engine sucks up premium gas at 8 mpg), but we love our garage queen.
jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
bao
Registered Member
Regular

Ebay is your best bet for those cars, but if you search craigslist, you'll be amazed what you'll find. You can use the two links below and they may help you out. Compare prices, there is going to be alot of money for anything you have listed there. Either way, buying just a shell for most of what you have listed there is going to run you into the 5-10k range, then parts are expensive as all get up because these are "trophy cars", even to make a clone on most of those is kinda expensive. Why not look into the 60's LeMans (its a gto sister car) or the late 60's early 70's plymouth challenger, roadrunner, or satellites.

My suggestion to you, being young, is look for an 80's style muscle car IE monte carlo, camaro, mustang, camino, theres a million of them out there, easy to work on and find parts for still, and don't cost nearly as much, plus you can drive them every day. I've been working on cars since I was young, I have a 73 roadrunner that i built, and haven't driven it in 11 years, why? Because it was made to be pristine, and now its hard to enjoy it when you are afraid of what else is on the road. Any other questions I may be able to help with just hit me up, and good luck!
bao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'd have to say you can find anything on eBay. That may or may not be very helpful but if you need to find one you can there. Good luck.
ashbbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs