Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Paxton supercharger in 1967 mustang help?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ronnie 
#1 ·
im looking at putting a paxton supercharger into a 1967 289 mustang. i have found the charger and everything but at the bottom it mentions something about a new holly carburetor and something about 3/8 inverted flare float bowl fittings. i dont know what that means. if anyone could help me and tell me what that means and tell me where to get that at. i have the site of the charger. thank you so much...im hoping to get this for christmas..its the only thing that i really want so im trying to make this work. thanks for helping me. this is making my christmas. thank you so much....heres the site http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1001839.html

#2 ·
Inverted Flare or 45 is on all standard automotive applications, cars and trucks from the 30's to mid 80's have inverted flare fittings at all the connections. Inverted flare is a single nut that uses a 45 degree double flare. This flare is lapped over so the tube is double thickness at the end. A inverted or double flare has a tube nut that pushes the flare against the brass seat to make a leak proof connection. For a leak to stop the flare it must seal against the brass seat. Using Teflon tape does no good because the thread is not what seals the line to the flare. The tape seals the thread but the fluid will still leak between the tube and the hole in the fitting. When sealing newly flared lines to old components the line must be tightened then loosened and the process must be repeated until the leak stops. If component brass seat is used, you are trying to seat over the existing crush ring, this may take a few tries but repeating the process will form the line flare to the brass seat. To form the end of the tube it requires a 45 degree double flare tool. Inverted flare fittings and tools are always less expensive because they are more common.Get a double flare kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.