Mustang Evolution Forum banner

How much is a 1967 mustang, 10,000 mile rebuilt v8 worth?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  delmon 
#1 ·
mkay im lookin at this car with my uncle and we were just wonderin what it is worth, it is a v8, dual exhaust, auto trans 1967 coupe, paint job 2 years ago and redone interior 2 years ago, engine was rebuilt by a professional, and he wants 4400, do you think we could lower him? if so to what price

#2 ·
IF it is a numbers matching car (all the vin numbers, casting numbers on the block, and interior numbers all match) You could be looking at a steal. If the 289 c.i.d. has been removed and replace with a 302 c.i.d., it is probably worth it. If the restore was done half ***. (i.e. Body filler to cover rust around the wheel wells, packed into the wheel wells, the trim is all gouged up, or missing pieces.) you are probably getting took for a ride. A bad restore is a dead givaway of a bad car. Teke it in for an appraisal. A professional appraisal will give you a good idea of what to spend on this car. And it could be worth you time. Antwhere from 30,000 to 2,000 dollars. Do your research before you purchase.

#5 ·
Without seeing the car, its hard to say. Does it start up ok? Hows the oil pressure etc? If it is in good condition, go for it. Make sure that you pay attention to the engine, because most people think that if the bodys good, then the rest is good as well, which is nto always true. Good luck!
Sorry I couldnt help ya out more. Be best if you get someone that knows about cars, and take them to look at the car, and see what they think the car is worth ( but dont tell them the price, and make sure that you trust them not to go and try to get the car before you)
Best of luck!

#7 ·
Offer $3,300 (25% less) IF you have CASH on you.
That will give you a starting point. If he turns down the $3,300, ask what his best price is; again, you need to back up the deal with cash. That's when you start to negociate. You need to establish a drop dead price for yourself though.

If you walk away without buying, the next opportunity won't be as good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.