Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Can anybody recommend a high horse power high torque engine?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sydeek 
#1 ·
I am currently restoring a 1967 Ford Mustang, can anybody recommend a high horse power high torque engine that would be suitable? I was thinking of the power ranging between 750 hp to 850 hp at the wheels, around 750 foot Ibs of torque. Any input would be hugely appreciated! Thanks!

#2 ·
you are looking at spending a lot of $$$ for that kind of power. To put that on the street takes allot more than just dropping in a motor! What about the tranny? A stock clutch or tranny will not take that HP. what about the drive shaft?rear end? Can't run pizza cutters for tires. You want that kind of power but you have no idea what you are asking. 750 at the wheels ! Your looking at 1000 or more horses in the motor, I don't think you have the experience to drive those horses with this question and if you did you would know where to find it! I would stick with like a 351 or a big block with about 300 to 400 horse if I were you.Your trying to kill yourself! But look at Jegs.com or Dougherbert.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.