Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ok i jst bought a 1974 ford mustang?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  thormond 
#1 ·
i want to put new rims on it but i cannot find any the rotor brake is a 4 prong so i cant find any rims for it any idea where i can get some like that for it in indiana and also i want to find new upholstry where can i get in around seymour indiana

#3 ·
4 lug rims were used through the 80's. Shouldn't be too hard to find a set at a boneyard off an older gt. The upholstry can be done at any upholstry shop, just ask around to see which one does the best work. Or go to a Mustang specific website, and see what is available for your year.

#5 ·
if you go with the fox body rims you will need to get spacers for the front cause the rims will rub on the upper ball joints you can get the spacers from any parts house the 15 inch wheels are as big as you can go with out getting the rubber band tires
when you go to replace the rear springs get one from a pinto station wagon they are a little bit stiffer and will raise the rear a couple inches
I had one for many years but the ex wife wanted it more
still have the pinto though

#7 ·
Many 4-lug rims are available because the Foxbody Mustangs of 79-93 are so popular, and the same bolt pattern. You can go with aftermarket rims or stock ones. A suggestion that I've personally seen on the 74-78 Mustang II is the 91-93 16" Pony rims. They look really good on the Mustang II and are cheap to buy used. If you want to go with aftermarket rims, then buy a copy of 5.0 Mustang magazine. There are tons of wheel vendors in there that sell 4 and 5-lug rims. Any rim for the 4-lug Foxbody will fit as long as you don't go too large. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.