1967 mustang totaled? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1967 mustang totaled?

last week a woman pulled out infront of me on the highway i was going 60 and slammed into her, my car as of what i know is totalled by the insurance company.. they are saying that it will cost 12k to fix it so they totalled it in my opinion its worth much more how can i get more money? i havent recieved the check or anything yet so i can still get more can i not? someone suggested going to a classic auto dealer and getting their opinion on what it's worth. ty for any suggestions
milward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

1967 mustang totaled?

state farm told me if i didnt have it appraised for my 66 mustang, they would go to three ford dealers an ask what its worth an average that an that would be the check i would get, so yes its prolly worth more than that but if u dont do the legg work thats prolly all ur going to get good luck
macdaibhidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

1967 mustang totaled?

did you have classic car insurance for agreed value? Maybe you can hold out for a replacement...also try to buy your old car back, you should get first choice at it..

good luck..
mathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

1967 mustang totaled?

Well, first you need to go back to the insurance that you have on the car. An insurance agency charges you based on the value of the car. You have to decide what you want to do with your insurance check when you get it. Do you want to put that amount of money and then more into having it repaired if the insurance money does not cover the cost? And, do owe money for a loan when you bought the car? In most cases when you owe money for the car, people just hope that the insurance will money will cover the pay-off of the car and you will just be without a car. Another thing is, where is the car now? Did a wrecker pull it to your house or is it impounded at the wrecker service? If they have your car, you will be facing charges for it being there. You will have to decide if you will have it towed somewhere else or if you are going to let them have it. Sometimes they will take the car and the title signed over to them in exchange for the fees of towing and holding it for you. If the car has usable parts that have not been damaged you may be able to get some money by keeping it and selling parts off of it. Since a car of that model is one that I would think to be hard to find parts for, you may have a hard time getting it repaired.There are so many things to think about, being in this situation, and trying to decide what to do. Just talk to someone you know, that makes good decisions, to help you make the right choice.
I wish you the best!
felan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Tags
1967 mustang