How to install a new radio in my? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How to install a new radio in my?

I bought a 1973 ford mustang and then a ford philco 8 track player to get rid of the plain ol AM player. How do I install it...?
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
bao
Registered Member
Regular

How to install a new radio in my?

I order to do this yourself, you should buy electrical diagrams of 1) your car and 2) the radio.

You can remove the radio by pulling the knobs off the shaft and unscrewing the shaft nuts that holds the radio in. There will be one bracket in the back that is screwed into the radio to support the rear. Install the Philco in reverse order.

You should have an Antenna connection and four wires:
+12V
Gnd
Speaker Left
Speaker Right.

If you have a Fadder control, you will have two more wires for Speaker Left and Speaker right for the rear speakers.

The power plug (+12V and Gnd) should fit the car. When you install your new stereo speakers take one side of each speaker and wire to chassis ground. The other side of each speaker wire individually to the Speaker Left and to the Speaker Right wires on the radio. Hook up the antenna.

Should work.

Hook up the rear speaker wires later when you install the speakers since your car doesn't have them (AM only).
bao is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs