I was involved in an accident that wasn't my fault, any suggestions what to do now? Attorney? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

I was involved in an accident that wasn't my fault, any suggestions what to do now? Attorney?

I was involved in a vehicle accident just over a month ago that was 100% NOT my fault. A police report and witness statements back me up. As a resault my classic car (1964 mustang) was totaled. I suffered from severe bruising (I was the air bag..lol) and still have pain in other parts of my body. I am not the sue happy type of person, but should I hire an attorney to cover all ends? What do you suggest? Any Personal experiances?
avsalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 04:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I was involved in an accident that wasn't my fault, any suggestions what to do now? Attorney?

I owned a 65 'Stang.
While you "say" you were not 100% at fault tort law demands accountability via the percent "fault"
Don't waste time on this forum talk to an attorney. They typically take 33% of the damages. Thus if none want the case you haven't a good case.
SEE A LAWYER.

Trai, you are absolutely wrong. Insurance companies seldom if ever get involved in personal injury cases unless they are being sued. Asker needs to speak with a real attorney and divulge ALL of the particulars. In most cases if an accient occurs BOTH parties have some liability. The law suit determines who bears the larger responsibility and awards are calculated from that.
aodha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Your insurance company has lawyers for this. They will collect compensation for whatever your car's worth, missed work, and your medical expenses from the other person's insurance company.

It can't hurt to call a personal injury attorney. They only take cases they can win, because they get at least 30%. It would probably be more lucative to sue for pain and suffering in small claim's court, if your insurance settlement doesn't include any. Even so, you'd collect a minimal amount ($500 to $1,000) for severe bruising.

Actually, I only say that because I've been in seven accidents (So far, knock on wood!). Driver, passenger, and, yeah, even one that was my fault. The insurance companies paid those things. (Only one paid for pain and suffering, though.)Even the one crappy one I'll never use again paid after some haggling. I'd talk to them first, at least.
gaven60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I think you should sue if you aren't getting enough to cover the expenses. Don't get too crazy, but you definitely have a solid case.
dunmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs