Sorry--Typo-- Does any one know how much a 1967 Ford Mustang is supposed to cost? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry--Typo-- Does any one know how much a 1967 Ford Mustang is supposed to cost?

Sorry about that, finger slipped.....

I am buying this mustang from a friend and he only wants a small amount for it ($1150.00) But I would really like to know how much he is jipping himself so I can give him something close to the real cost (if I can). It would be really nice if someone could help me out here... Oh, and it's condition is good, leather interior there are a few chips in the pain around worn areas but it's nothing that can not be fixed. The car has rear wheel stablizers and its engine has been completely rebuilt. That is pretty much all I know about the car. Hope some one knows the answer...

Oh and I forgot to mention the entire under carrige is stainless steel. Thanks..
codi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry--Typo-- Does any one know how much a 1967 Ford Mustang is supposed to cost?

What size motor?? 6cyl, small v8, big v8? What body style?? coupe?? fastback?? Auto. trans?? manual trans?? Just because a car has mustang stuck on it,doesent mean a lot. Most people think just because a car is a mustang it is a gold mine. Until it is restored. IT'S JUST A CAR.
currito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hey! If you don't want it, send it my way.We just restored a 1967 Mustang GT.It has a 289 motor.try finding a cam shaft for one of those.Ours came with a cloth windshield washer bag,Still in working condition.We have over 10, thousand dollars in it, so if you love old cars as we do...Go for it. If you don't want it,send info my way..I'll take it for that price....
sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Errr....you better do some more research there pal. I never heard of an undercarriage made of stainless and I never heard of leather interior in a '67 (though I may be wrong). Sounds like you may be looking at a drag racer that has had some major modifications. If so, the car will never be worth anything more than it is so don't worry about sharking your friend. Buy it if you like it. That's all that really matters.
ighneachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

for that money it's probably a rusty 6 cylinder coupe

a good fastback shell without a motor or tranny goes for $7500 and a running one 10k or more for the bigblock v8

oh, and they never came with leather in the early years, just imitation Naugahyde
kolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It depends on the condition and mileage.
Pretty hard to tell you without seeing it, but it sounds like a $4000-6000 car.
iddig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe $5000.00
rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

leather interior was not a factory option, it is vinyl, looks like leather, feels a little like leather, but its not leather. it all depends on what style and its condition. if its a rust free coupe with a smal V8, i would say $5000 would be a fair price. a fastback, $7000. if its a 6cyl, then that price seems right. better do some more research cause i have never heard of stainless steel metal being put it. you sure it isnt just coated to prevent rust?
gillecriosd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

that's a good deal on it if its that nice of a car its worth that much,and maybe more,i own a repair shop and i have seen some sell for a lot more that were in bad shape,so i think that's probably a good deal for you,,good luck,i hope this help,s.,,PS i have owned some of these cars ,and this one if its that nice id look it over real good before i bought it,just be sure its worth it,again good luck with it.
brewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs