Estimated cost of Refurbishing an 1967 ford mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Estimated cost of Refurbishing an 1967 ford mustang?

I want to know the estimated cost of refurbishing an 1967 ford mustang from scratch? ex.(body work, new engine, suspension, clutch, new or rebuilt transmission... just to name a few)
jeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

If you want to do the car right, it's not going to be cheap at all. If you want to make it a "driver," you can save a few bucks. If you are looking to restore to show quality, you are looking at the double-digit thousands. Restoring a car is not a cheap venture. I will say, by experience...once you have finished the car and it was done right, you feel proud of it. It's something that's difficult to explain. You mostly feel the pride when you get multiple compliments from complete strangers. It's not something to jump right into. Take your time and make it a true beauty! Once it's done, be ready to enjoy! Best wishes!!!!!
cleavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Depending upon what type of "basket case" it is, you can count on a minimum of $22,000. to do it up properly, unless you are doing it all yourself.
Depending on the model, driveline, etc., e.g. options, the overall rebuilding cost may outweigh the value of the car once the work is done. That factor is always a concern.
dooley28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
tod
Registered Member
Regular

www.mustangsunlimited.com
tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'd rather not add up how much I have into my 67 Mustang. Most of the cost was the "learning experience" of what works and what doesn't.

Just remember, price isn't everything: a bumper to bumper harness from Painless was less than the replacement underdash harness that didn't include the AC harness. However, a $100 gear drive from Mac cost me a crankshaft when it went to pieces, should have spent $200 on Edelbrock!
roch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

ive did the same to a 68 camero and only spent roughly 11,000 and have won newmerous competitions with it..Its bit stressful but well worth it .
bald is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs