Mint 1973 Ford Mustang Coupe? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mint 1973 Ford Mustang Coupe?

What are these worth now and days, father had it garaged since I was little, and now gave it to me. It is mint and runs beautifully, not a nick on it. Interior perfect! Any ideas would help. Is this a car to hold onto? He also gave me a 1959 Ford Fairlane, which is mint also.
lleweliyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

These two cars are very much sought after right now, but yours are worth a WHOLE LOT more than most of them out there now cause they have been restored. The best thing you could do is like was said before, insure the heck out of them. Keep in mind that your insurance agent will want to look at them. Im not sure who to tell you to contact about the values of the cars, but you could try Kelly Blue Book or something like that. You may be able to find a shop that specializes in antique Fords or just antique cars in general. For your 73, New England Mustang Supply is great! I have ordered parts from them before and they are good to deal with.

You need to figure out what their values are as well. Also, it makes them more valuable if all the numbers match. If you plan on keeping them, I would trailer them anywhere you go since they are valuable cars (trailer queen, as I call them). Make sure to keep them garaged whenever possible to keep them from being exposed to the elements.

If these cars have not been driven in a while, I would advise to change the oil and give them a good mechanical check-up. I have a 73 coupe myself (not mint) and do know how it is to have a car this old. They are good at hiding things, trust me! lol Congrats on your new babies and do not let anybody take them from you! I would like to see pics of both cars cause Im sure they are knockouts. You will have people knockin down your door for them.
macdaibhidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Not really desirable cars.....about average price.If they are in good shape...better price. Now if they have rare engine or something..that is different.
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

A1 what exactly is average price on a car like that? I mean you put this info out but you didnt back it up any way.

Check NADA guides and you will get a price. I included the link it will be pretty self explanitory to go from there, and will give you an accurate price, not someone saying its worth average price.
greid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

oh my lord you are sitting on two gold mines if they are both in original condition they are worth a lot of money i mean a lot the first thing you do is insure the heck out of them then contact barrett jackson auction then cash in. good for you im very happy for you
armond is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs