1967 Ford Mustang Coupe Pricing? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe Pricing?

I'm looking to buy a 1967 Mustang Coupe from a private seller. I've talked to the guy a lot and I'm really excited about getting it, however I know there are people that know a deal when they see it better than I do. And, the description.

The good:

- Brand new all leather interior
- Aftermarket Cd player and new speakers.
- Rebuilt 302 engine (used to be a 289)
- I test drove it, this thing runs like butter (that's in the good kind of drives like butter)
- Paint job had only very minor scratches and dings

The bad:

- Small amount of rust on the bumper (easily replaceable), exhaust tips and about a 4-5 inch rust spot on the passenger side body on the very bottom of the car. Nothing major or even very noticeable
- Needs all new weather stripping and trunk needs to be re-carpeted
- Brakes are original and will need a little bit of work.

I would just like some idea's on how much that should run for. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
woolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I would have someone who knows "old Mustangs" who lives close by go with you. There are areas on these cars that are very prone to rust problems and unless you know where to look, can seem fine until you start restoration. Some of the areas are the cowl, frame rails, torque boxes, floor pans and lower quarter areas. I suspect the interior isn't leather either. It is most likely naugahyde. I suggest contacting a local Mustang club for help. Good luck
aodha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There is no standard price on a vehicle that is over 40 years old. It would depend entirely on condition. You can hire an appraiser if you like to give you some numbers. But really, if you and the seller can agree on a number that makes you both happy...well...
nahcomence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I would definitely get an appraiser or mechanic to check it out with you. Many mechanics are fans of the old muscle cars and may know someone who works on them for fun on the side.

As for the price, here's a list of similar cars from across the country and how much their sellers are selling it for. If nothing else, you can use it as a gauge to compare the price based on mileage, condition, etc.

http://www.easyautosales.com/Ford/Mu...advsrch=t&sf=t
cuarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

One of the great things about early mustangs is the availability of parts. There are hundreds of companies that make restoration parts for these mustangs. For a general price of the car, try this site:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...005&c=11&any=0

If you're looking for parts, like your weatherstripping, National Parts Depot, Cj Pony Parts, and Mustangs Unlimited are some of the best places to get replacement parts. As for the bumper, you could get it re-chromed or just replace it all together. I'm guessing the rust "on the very bottom of the car" refers to the rocker panel (below the door). These can also be replaced fairly easily, but will probably require a new paint job. Before you buy, look at the frame rails under the car for rust and make sure the cowl panel doesn't let water drip inside the car. Mustangs have a tendancy to have rusty floorboards when the cowl leaks.
derrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs