Buy a 1968 classic mustang or a newer car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Buy a 1968 classic mustang or a newer car?

I'm in the market for a new car and i have always wanted a mustang either a 65 or 68 model, trouble is people are saying to me dont get a old car buy a newer car, help i need some outsider info.
lleweliyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

if its a old beaten up mustang, this will sound weird but GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its really fun to fix up cars. if you dont have the time just get a new car. and if the mustang is restored get the stang
arlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Get what will make YOU happy.

Life's too short to be living someone else's life.
jukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

65 And if you don't like it,buy you a new one and give me the 65.lol I have always wanted a 641/2 /65 mustang.Enjoy!! They are called classics for a reason.
Matchitehew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

You can spend about as much for a near perfectly restored classic as you would for a new car. So it depends on what you like. Also, if you're a do it yourself type, older cars are much easier to work on than newer cars, at least for simple repairs. No electronic ignition, no computer diagnostics, just plain mechanics. If it was me, I'd go classic. I've wanted a classic Mustang ever since I saw the chase scene in "Bullitt"
chesmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

go with the mustang the cost of repairing a new car is too much and having a classic is always worth it
napayshni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No matter which one you get, you should research common issues that might require replacement to compare if you can afford to fix the car if it breaks. E.g. Brakes, rotors, bulbs, headlights. Most of these things seem like they would be simple to fix but depending on the age/make of the vehicle, the costs can be ridiculously high.

Are you looking for a fun ride on the weekends or something to drive rain/snow/sun every day?

Classics are wonderful but they're also not meant to be an every day car. It would be a travesty to use such a difficult to find vehicle every day, especially if it's in pristine shape, because it severely depreciates the car's life and condition.
greid is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs