Ok 15 years old an thinking about a couple cars lol? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ok 15 years old an thinking about a couple cars lol?

Ok I gotta know..which is truly better? the 1958 plymouth fury (did it come in red originally? or was it a custom color?) or a 1965-66 shelby mustang in metallic royal blue? and when did the mustang actually come out? and while I'm on the subject of mustangs would you prefer the old mustangs or the new ones...I think the old one are 100% better
rosiyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

None of them.

Since they are both old, you local mechanic will most definitively not have spare parts in case something breaks down. It'll have to be done at some special mechanic who will need to order special parts and all this will end up costing you special bucks.
corren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Mustang absolutely. You know I really do love the old Chrysler made cars but we have to be realistic. You are driving the car, having fun.....putputputputputputputputput..pu.
you try to restart it rrrrrrruuuurrrrrruuurruuurrruruururuur. No bueno.
You have a bad fuel pump, and you fried-out the starter motor from trying to get the thing restarted and running.

So now you need some parts. The Mustang parts are no sweat at all, in fact you can shop it around and get the best for the least amount.
Now lets try to do the same thing with the 58 Plymouth Fury.
You call up the parts store and you tell them what you need, a fuel pump and a starter. They are probably not even going to put you on hold before saying, "We don't stock parts for those kind of vehicles very much".
You would be lucky to find what you need. If you did find a source, that source knows that you don't have much choice but to buy from him, so he will jack you on the prices.

The only thing that gets my goat is the Mustang's Power steering setup. Many leave it to be known as how to not design a power steering line system. What a disaster! Out of all of the older Mustangs with this design, maybe 25-30% dont leak (again, yet). The PS lines tie to a manifold junction area hanging as the lowest point of the vehicle. Hard to figure, but at least they didn't do that with the brakes. Good news is that you can modify the old system so that you no longer have 4PS lines, but now only 2PS lines. less multiple connections, less chances of leaking PS fluid.
Originally an economy sedan, it became recognised as a great sport vehicle since it could accomodate a host of engines, is lightweight and has a good rear suspension for good traction. Almost overnight, which for classic car lingo means within the first year model, became extremely popular.
To this day, the 1966 Shelbys are highly sought after, to the point where most that are seen, are replicas and not real shelbys.
A creampuff showroom new GT500 and GT350 originals are a small fortune in themselves

I dont know if I would say that the old ones are better. They make shelbys again and Carrol Shelby signs his name on each one. Most have superchargers and are extremely fast. They are also extremely expensive too. Not a car for me anyway. I am a Corvette person myself. I never believed in the old Ford verses Chevy rivalry. I have owned Fords and Chevy's at the same time.

The mustang would be much wiser of a choice, I agree.
ccri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

And HOW may I ask are you going to ACQUIRE these vehicles? I am 15 myself and looking into cars, so if you can't decide, I'll take one from you from the good of my heart.
Bearach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Uhh...unless yoo're rich and have a lot of money for insurance yoo might wanna choose a more conservative ride. Both are pretty nice cars but they're vintage now and cost a small fortune.
armond is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs