Want ideas for next (vintage) car? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Want ideas for next (vintage) car?

Im wanting to buy another car to work on a bit in my (rare) spare time. As im only a student i have a budget around 4,000 to 5,000 (AU) I want an older car, sixties or seventies, thats available around this price in reasonable running order (Ie no mustangs obviously )

I was thinking of something like a Ford Cortina MkII or 1965 XP Futura.

Anyone out there have any suggestions of anything they love or any comments?

dunmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Want ideas for next (vintage) car?

I have a 1967 Ford LTD. It is a four door sedan, with a 390 cubic inch V-8 engine. It needs a repaint, and the dash pad is cracked. (The car came from a area where salt was used very little). Though, it did have some rust on it, which has been taken care of. And, I do have a different dash pad for it. The brakes were also gone through, but, due to in activity, the brakes need some attention, again. The car does stop, but, you have to pull the pedal back with your foot. It also needs a repaint, and, some small headliner work. I was driving it around, till it snowed. Some people who have looked at it, said that it would make a perfect old school hot rod. Me, I would rather put it back to origional. It wouldn't take too much at all, to make it a driver. I was asking $1,500 for it, Later, I knocked the price down to $1,000, but, no one is interested. I suppose, being that the car is a four door sedan, that doesn't help. But, I think it is a good car, that still has lots of life in it, still. The only person who was even remotly interested in it, wanted the extra parts with it. ( I have several extra parts for the csr, like... A full set of doors, front bumper, extra tail lights, instrumnent panels, and so on). Anyway, they wanted the parts for free. I said no. So, they didn't want the car, either. So, the car will have to sit, till someone decides they like it, I guess. I scraped out a Ford Cortina, a while ago, and got the grille, and some other parts, as well. I have a hubcap for a 1965 XP Futura. Now, Chrysler Coropion had some nice cars, in the 1965-1970 year range. The Dodge Chargers, Dodge Coronet 440 or the 500 were nice. Plymouth had the Fury, Sport Fury, and, the Sport Fury III. The Satelite was nice. Belvidere wasn't bad, either. I am not really into the G.M. line, so it is Ford or Chrysler, for me.
Kellan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs