My dad was murdered on August 30th 1967? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

My dad was murdered on August 30th 1967?

I was a young kid so I never got the details about what happened to him. My mom does not want it looked into. How can I get the police reports and other pertinent information about what happened to my dad.
He was surprised by intruders while he was working a late night job. This is all I know.
arvad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

John,

The police complaint report is open records. You need only write a letter titled "Open Records Request". Address it to the Chief of Police of the Department that handled the murder. They have 30 days to respond. You will only get a copy of the initial report, but not the entire investigation. I sense that it is unsolved, so you may be able to contact the Homicide Division and make arrangements to go over the case with someone. Murder cases, if unsolved, are never closed. It is in a cold case file somewhere. If the case was solved and people tried for the murder, then an entire copy of the case would be where able such records are stored. In many states it is the District Clerks Office. Good Luck in you quest.
kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

speak to the police department from the town he was murdered in, explain your situation, im sure they will tell you how you can get information, if they cant give you any!....or try looking it up online...you can find almost anything on google! if i knew ur dads name id try and get into some records for you! but id need his full name, dob, and location of his death....town and street and building right to the tee!
rosiyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Contact the police dept in the town where it happened, visit the library and check newspaper archives (most library's have them) since you know the date it shouldn't be to difficult, good luck
fitzsimons85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

If this happen in the US you can make a freedom of information act request and wait for a reply.
jeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ask your mom. Tell her if she won't tell you, you will find out anyway.
Sorry about your dad...maybe your mom has some reasons why she doesn't want to share the detail..
Zimra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

look on the internet.
their might be some information about it there.
lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs