Would this be a good mustang to get for a girl? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Would this be a good mustang to get for a girl?

I really like this car and was wondering if it would be a good buy ?

I am 16 btw

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...fCarsQ5fTrucks
chadburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Negative Hons, this is a collector car and not meant to drive everyday. As a 16 yr old, I would imagine that you are financially challenged and not have this kind of expendable cash. If you really want a 'stang get a late model used w/6 cylinder to learn how to drive before you buy a car like that "68 show car.
dalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I think a better choice for you would be a '67 mustang. It is a smaller car, and still has nice "styling". You could opt for the fastback (example: check the "stangbangers" link below) if you like the fastback style, but I think a girl would look better in the coupe (example: check the "allfordmustangs link below").

The car you have shown is a very large and very powerful car, especially with the performance mods. It would be a difficult car for any "lesser experienced" driver to handle. The smaller Mustangs I have listed (especially with the 289 engine) still have power, but are not as prone to "getting away" from the driver. I'm not trying to knock your driving skills, but if you have limited (or no) experience with performance cars, the '67 would be better for you. The model you are asking about is more of a "road rocket", while the '67 is better to drive if you want a more enjoyable ride in terms of handling and power. Typically, the larger a car is, the more "boat-like" it handles on the road.

I have had the opportunity to either own or share (through marriage) a "few" sports and/or performance cars. One of my favorites was the '68 Karman Ghia (for ex.ee "volkstorque" link below). While not being a "super-powered" musclecar, the response on the accellerator and steering were superb, and you could "feel the road" when you drove. It was a really exciting car to drive. On the other end of the spectrum, was my favorite personal car. It was a 1970 Dodge SuperBee (example: see "forum.avtoindex" link below). It had a 440 engine with a Holley 4160 racing carburetor, which was directly hooked up to the fully functional hood scoops. To give you an idea of how much power this car had, the highway patrol in some states had used them as "interceptors" because they could catch anything that passed them on the road, even if the troopers were pulled over, parked and had the keys out of the ignition. I'd still have it today if I hadn't had to sell it to move out of state and get divorced.

It depends upon what you want the car "for". The '67 is a sporty, powerful car that would probably suit you if you just wanted a cool, fast car. I would strongly recommend that you not get a car with too much power because they can be more than the average person can handle. I could handle the '70 Super Bee, but then again, in my younger years I was also offered the chance to race professionally, because my "skills" were better than most.

I'd be interested to see what you finally end up with.
flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Its a beutifulk car and its a classic but for a 16 year old girl? No. This is a mans muscle car. Very powerful and very hard to handle. It also isn't a safe car. Odds are a young girl like you is going to crash it and you will probably get very badly injured or die. I am not trying to scare you or say that your not a responsible, safe driver but this would be a very bad investment. Gas millage will suck and insurance will be very very high. If you want a mustang get one of the new ones. A new GT is very safe, looks great, is plenty fast, and gets much better MPG. Get a California special model. That's perfect for a young girl. And cost will be about the same. Also, if the 68' mustang breaks it will be hard to get parts and to fix, unless your dad is a mechanic or something.

Overall nice car but bad choice for you. Sorry.
garren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

its a nice car. but seeing as its on ebay and started at $200 it'll probably suck. sorry its cute but i wouldn't waste the money on it. Save up for a reliable mustang for when your 19 or 20.... Besides 16 is too young for a new car i thik... ha ha
baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

If this is for you, I would say no. Very powerful muscle car. These cars were not the best handling cars without a lot of modification to the suspensions. Also the insurance would be very expensive.
ighneachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

If someone is buying you that they shouldn't, 35 grand is WAAAYY too much to spend on anyone at a given time. And if you're planning on asking for it then you're greedy.
Barnhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

gas mileage will probably suck. beatuiful car though. it probably doesnt have seat belts either.
cosgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It's a nice car. It looks nice and it's pretty new. I feel anyone would enjoy this car and that it's money well spent. Go for it!!
stanwyk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

That's a hot mustang I like it! I think she would too
chesmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

A great car!
make sure to service it on schedule and get a good job to pay for gas!

good luck!
gruffudd91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I will consider finding the same car somewhere else. Never buy a car off of ebay
Jorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

damn that's a nice car.
raedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Hell no. are u kidding me. I would get that car if i was white trash
auley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

never ever buy this car ull suffer tats all i can say
cedro is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs