Should i think of buying this mach 1 mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Should i think of buying this mach 1 mustang?

I'm at this mustang i found on the recycler and i'm coming close to driving age and a mustang was all I ever wanted since the 2nd grade other than girls of course. This mustang has the old 1973 gone in 60 seconds look and looks to be in pretty good shape. I have 8000 but the other 4 i might convince my parents for but what is your opinion and here is the link to the car so you can see it.

http://www.recycler.com/details.aspx?adid=31996395
bald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

You know what OBO means? With $8000 cash I would low ball him and he will counter. Don't make your first offer too high. You just might pick it up for $8000 that you have. I don't know how old you are,but have someone with and have the cash on you in $20's & $50's (looks more impressive) don't flash your money, but have the amount of your low bid in one pocket, and the rest in another. Just in case you decide and /or pay a little more.
Nevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

it will be a very valuable car if restored properly but know that when it breaks it will be expensive to fix it also depends on where you live as cars like that should never see snow or anything of that nature. Another issue is going to be gas mileage is going to be low, then there is the price start at like 6,000 its an automatic sticks are worth more in cars like that oh and just a fun fact eleanor from gone in 60 seconds was a heavily modified 65 mustang not a mach 1
chaakmongwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

That car is a classic and should be treated as such. Not too great for daily driving and it's bound to have poor gas mileage. Not to mention if it breaks, replacement parts and such will be hard to find and cost you a pretty penny.
Ekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

No its worth like 6-8k total. hes over prices by a lot. its not mint and has 100k miles on it.
panteno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well first off please understand that,That car is a lot more then a mustang,It is history you would own and also an investment,I saw one go for 65,000,If you restore that car it will be worth a lot of money,It's worth a lot now so can you imagine when your 40? If you get it never let it go because in time that car could buy you a house one day,Do it
twain is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs