Question for classic car Pro's? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Question for classic car Pro's?

I have a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 that I wanna sell, but I wanted to know how much its worth? It's Garage stored not running but i bought a bunch of expensive parts for it.....I don't know much about cars but my dad said it just needs to be timed its got a 429 engine. Appreciate the help guys thanks!!
Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Go to http://www.nadaguides.com for comparative prices on the older cars. Another site that's helpful is http://www.collectorcarmarket.com. Between the two you should be able to get a pretty good idea of the going prices. The Mach 1s are pretty popular and generally bring pretty good prices, especially if they have the original engine and transmission. Regardless of what the charts show you have to find someone who wants it and is willing and able to pay the price. Good luck.
Fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

A lot of unknown's here. You don't mention the condition of the body, paint or interior. It will obviously sell for more if it is a running, driving car. If it has been idle in the garage for a long time it will require a lot of "freshening up". I am currently going through a 1979 Trans Am that had sat for 14 years. It is a lengthy process. You can look at the sites that deal with classics to get an idea what they are selling for in various conditions. Book prices are simply a guide and are for the most part not an accurate reflection of value or worth.
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

This car is very collectible.

I would consider this a #4 car because it is not in running condition.

If the car is complete but not running about $10,000 to $15,000 depending on the overall condition. But this depends if the car is complete and the engine is original.

If you were to go through the effort to simply make it road worthy and not do much else to it other to make sure all of the parts and pieces are installed it is worth an easy $15,000 or more. This would make this a #3 car at least.

See the first link below to understand the condition guides. When evaluating the condition of this car be honest with the vehicles condition. It is a common mistake for a person to state that a vehicle is in better condition than it actually is. Any potential buyer will quickly spot this and move on to another car.

See the second link for more details on this specific model. There are several options that will either add or deduct from the value of this car.

But remember the ultimate value of this car is the size of the check that someone is willing to write you for this car. When selling a collectible car you need to be patient. The market for these cars is not very big. But sooner or later someone will come along who is willing to pay what this car is worth if the price is fair.

By the way, nice car. Lots of potential.
macdhubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

A 429 MACH 1!! nice! get it running, it will attract more buyers and they like to drive away. Find other stangs for sale in your auto trader mags and ebay ect. gauge your price on that, remember that the 429 is one of the better ones.

Buyers may be undecided until they hear the exhaust note, but they must hear the exhaust note, especially on a beast like yours.
Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

4 speed or auto/?/ id say if body good to exelant 20 to 30K...rrestored 50 to 60K......look at hemmings motor news.com a 429 is very rare...dont let someone steal it for 5 or 10K
greid is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs