Early mustang...........? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Early mustang...........?

I am looking for a 1975 - 1978 mustang II with a four cylinder in mint condition........... any body have one??

How does it run, and does it have decent MPG??
marcelinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Good luck finding a decent one. Can't remember the last time I saw one, but I'm in the midwest and they all rusted out by about 1985. We owned one around 1980, and like the above post said, the 4cyl was severly underpowered, as was the V8 for the matter. They did run good, just prone to rust.
pacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The Mustang II has never really caught on with enthusiasts as much as the earlier models - it's really not a bad car at all - I would recommend that if you get a four cylinder model, make sure it is a standard shift because the automatics are really numb in the acceleration department.
I bought my daughter a Mustang II fastback with the four cylinder and she loved it - personally, I think I could have outrun that car with a decent pair of Nike's on.
However, she consistently got over 20 MPG in and around town - I think a standard might have even done better than that.
kinsella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #4

it's 30 kyears old, so it's going to be hard to find a nice one. Your best shot is http://ebaymotors.com set up a custom search with email notices. when you find one don't blindly send money. go to the car and buy it...

they didn't have o.d. so the mileage suffers, 23-27

I had a 65 6cyl stick that got 25 on the freeway doing 75...
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I don't where you are at, but I would check with your local Mustang club. You can search the net to find them. Another good source is the Mustang Club of America. They have classified ads. Good luck the Mustang II never did become as popular as the early models.
celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The early Mustangs are good cars but i would stay away from it. I know i sound like a judge but stick with the dodge chargers or challengers theres some good hemi. You can go off ebay and get a mustang if you really want one.
Farren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking for one too. I want a Cobra II with T-tops for my daughter. We saw one at a car show last summer and she fell in love with it.
Berwick is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Classic Mustangs